Building a 5in Gauge Live Steam loco.

Self taught model engineering starting with a Myford ML10 and a black and Decker drill on a vertical stand.

Over the years have managed to reduce the scrap output to level where you can make out what f not having the component is!

Also upgraded to a Myford Super 7 with DRO ( and what a revalation that is ) so now i work to the nearest thpus and not inch!

My first Mill/drill wad a Warco one with a circular column, such fun readjusted centre after moving it,and a few years ago got a WM16, again regrets of not doing it years ago. can now mill in straight lines, and have just fitted a MDRO Easson 3 axis DRO kit
Now i is a real engineer!

However today after spending most of the last three days turning the X axis handle and getting forearms like Popeye, i am now wondering if there is a way i can put a 'power feed on it, and possibly the y xis ( Z would be even nicer!)

Now here is the problem I don not understand electrictity at all ,wiring a plug is as far as i go, and i am serious on that., so anyone who starts to ramble on about wigsgets,steppers ohms amps and anything to do on that side of things wll be ignored!!! Its bad enough learning Chinese to converse with my sons in-laws. and I put electrical stuff so far beyond that ,you would have trouble seeing my total knowledge of it with the Hubble Telescope

So thats my stall set out¬

But back to why i joined. Is there an idiots way of giving the Mill a bit of power. I can understand ball screws ( engineering!) so bolting anything together is ok even magic boxes, but please don't ask me to put one together from a bunch of anodes/diodes. or whatever from ebay!

If the sparky part is put in simple language someone from Mars could understand i might be in with a chance, so be gentle!!

Over to you gents, i offer myself to the lions!