. .
    Hi guys i set up my vfd to using the pedometer with my spindle as fault testing them and found the spindle would make the sound of it speeding up but the actual spindle was not turning.

i have read another thread that had same issues as this but it was down to loose connections which i have checked as well.

I also noticed when i turned it off to check connections that it became very warm very quickly.

i have checked each wire and all 3 are connected properly pins 1,2 and 3 are live and 4 is the ground pin which i have not set up yet on the spindle.

Any thoughts on this?

Not an expert on this but have you seen this sticky thread for the parameter set up - assuming this is a huangyang VFD? Sounds like something is not right in the VFD config?

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/5814-...nd-Advice-More
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 11 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palletlad View Post
    Hi guys i set up my vfd to using the pedometer with my spindle as fault testing them and found the spindle would make the sound of it speeding up but the actual spindle was not turning.

i have read another thread that had same issues as this but it was down to loose connections which i have checked as well.

I also noticed when i turned it off to check connections that it became very warm very quickly.

i have checked each wire and all 3 are connected properly pins 1,2 and 3 are live and 4 is the ground pin which i have not set up yet on the spindle.

Any thoughts on this?
    What parameters have you changed in the VFD. How have you connected the pot. and what value is it?
    PD001 ?
    PD002 ?
    PD070 ?
    PD143 ?
    PD144 ?

You don't need the spindle connected to change these parameters (but DON'T disconnect it with the VFD switched on)
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    What parameters have you changed in the VFD. How have you connected the pot. and what value is it?
    PD001 ?
    PD002 ?
    PD070 ?
    PD143 ?
    PD144 ?

You don't need the spindle connected to change these parameters (but DON'T disconnect it with the VFD switched on)
    I have only been able to find the A100 module or the E100 module manual for the Nowforever VFD's which are not exact, however I have been trawling through the internet and finally found the correct settings for my D100 VFD and it is Finally up and running.... only been 2 years since I brought it, I can now start learning the software side and start a project.

Thread Information