. .

Thread: 3020t cnc

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hey guys

I'm looking at this cnc router https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07...TPY7C5J7&psc=1

But the problem I am having Is it seems these type of routers don't mention in the description that they will work with windows 10. Is this normal or is it possible to make them work with windows 10? I just don't fancy going back in time and installing windows xp on my laptop.

Thanks for any help in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Richardtweed View Post
    Hey guys

I'm looking at this cnc router https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07...TPY7C5J7&psc=1

But the problem I am having Is it seems these type of routers don't mention in the description that they will work with windows 10. Is this normal or is it possible to make them work with windows 10? I just don't fancy going back in time and installing windows xp on my laptop.

Thanks for any help in advance
    This machine or should I say machine controller won't run with Win10 as it needs the PPort and Win10 does not support that. I would think twice about this machine , what do you want to cut with it?
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

The combination of a laptop with a parallel interface and Widows 10 rings some alarm bells. There is a version of Mach3 that supports 64-bit W10, but you still would need a laptop with a parallel interface. Maybe worth looking at third-party motion controllers to provide the parallel interface from the lappy (e.g. UC100, or the much more capable bigger brothers).

You didn't ask about the choice of router... don't expect to nibble much aluminium with that.

I will be mainly cutting stab wood and resin with the alluminium. Are these routers not very good?

I will be mainly cutting stab wood and resin with the alluminium. Are these routers not very good?
    They are at the lower end of junk and trouble as you can tell by the price.
    ..Clive

Can you recommend anything or am I going to struggle getting one for £300 ish

Can you recommend anything or am I going to struggle getting one for £300 ish
    Are you wanting this as a hobby to play with if so it's a good toy to play with.

To get a good set of drives and motors would cost more than that.

Sorry to put a damper on it
    ..Clive

Yes it's only as a hobby to be honest, I have wanted to learn about cnc for a few years now so I have decided to bite the bullet but I'm overwhelmed at all the information and technical details involved.

Don't lose sight of the previous thread where I warn of the frustration of using a poor device. You'll likely get much better results from your CMD300 (albeit the cutting volume is much reduced).

Sorry I only just noticed you had replied to me doddy, thanks for the advice. I have now decided to scrap the idea of the chinese cnc but I really would like to leave my mill as a manual one so my question is are there any machines available for about £1500 and any company's that would finance such a small amount?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information