. .
    Hello! My name is Tony and I’m from the west coast of Canada. 25+ years of large format digital printing, CNC vinyl cutting and routing experience. Now I work in agricultural equipment manufacturing.

Recently started 3D printing and home automation projects. Currently building a 2 x 72 (50 x 180) belt grinder powered by 3 phase, 2hp motor controlled by a VFD.

More than anything else in the shop, I’d love a small CNC mill. Maybe one of these days I can make that happen.

This site has already been helpful, and I hope to be able to return the favour one day.

Presumably Vancouver or thereabouts then? I lived in North Vancouver with my family from 2010 - 2015 (Grouse Mountain). Most of my workshop made it across from the UK and back again, growing along the way of course. Miss the place like hell now but we missed the UK and our families when we were there. If only they'd invent a time machine, I'd do it all over again!

Welcome!

Yes! Out in the Langley area, about 45 minutes away from Vancouver. Grouse is a beautiful place should have been LOVELY when it wasn’t rainy. :)

I’ve never been to UK but I’d like to get there one day. Closest I ever got to there was when we printed some graphics for the London 2012 Olympic bid in about 2004. Almost got to fly there to troubleshoot installations issues, but it was not needed. Part of the stuff we did was on the London bridge.

Some of our younger engineers lived out there, up the Fraser river towards Chilliwack, as property was too small and/or expensive in Vancouver once they stared to breed and needed more space. We were lucky to be able to afford a house at the very top of Capilano, 2 mins drive from the gondola. Floodlit skiing and boarding every night until 10pm, Grouse Grind in the summer, snow shoeing in the winter, camping on Cortez and Kelowna, surfing in Tofino. It hurts just thinking about it.

Thread Information