. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hi Guys,
    I am hoping that one or a few members may come from the Newport, Cardiff or Swansea area of south wales UK.

I have recently purchased a CNCEST 6090 3D CNC router. because i seen one previously and thought it awesome. However without thinking I have not got a clue how to do anything with it.

I have some spindle seting Instructions but they well as be written in "Martian" I am a "monkey see monkey do"

It would be great if someone could come and help me but i am pragmatic I will travel to learn.

Thanks in advance

Brummie

Hi Martin, confused here are you in b/ ham or South Wales. When you say you have some spindle setting instructions, is the machine in bits, or are you asking on how to use the machine. Michael

[QUOTE=terry1956;109700]Hi Martin, confused .

Brummie is a nickname i inhereted from the Army.

I live in Blackwood Gwent, I purchased the 3D CNC Router,. I have Built it, but have not got a clue about anything.

As there are no instructions at all hence i will not try anything I have searched online but results only come back with 6040's.

Hi, the basics of cnc routers are the same, be it a 6040 or a far larger machine. You will of course no that you will need some sort of design cad software like fusion 360, which can also write the g code needed to send to the router control software like mach3. If you have build the machine, I take it you have mach3 already and have been able to move the spindle etc. Is that correct. I live in Yeovil, so some distance from you, but if you feel like a drive, I would be happy to help you out. Someone took time out to show me the ropes, so happy to do the same.

[QUOTE=terry1956;109710]Hi, the basics of cnc routers are the same,

Hi Terry appologies forthelate reply, Yes the programmes I do have is Mach3, I have Vectric Carve, and PhotoVCarve , The actual Machine I have is a 6090 CNCEST, 1500KW VFD,

As I said before I have built the machine, I obtained some spindle settings. I have tried to apply them and give up, On Mach3 I think I have tried to run one of the sample programmes but nothing happend what so ever, I have no CNC Knowledge only what I have seen on Youtube so in March this year i give up in frustration.

Brummie.

hi, ok, when you say nothing happens, can you move the spindle on the x,y,z axis using the jog movement. or are your ports and pins settings wrong, are you trying to use a 64bit pc, mach 3 will not work at all if you are.

[QUOTE=Brummie;109723]
    Quote Originally Posted by terry1956 View Post
    Hi, the basics of cnc routers are the same,

Hi Terry appologies forthelate reply, Yes the programmes I do have is Mach3, I have Vectric Carve, and PhotoVCarve , The actual Machine I have is a 6090 CNCEST, 1500KW VFD,

As I said before I have built the machine, I obtained some spindle settings. I have tried to apply them and give up, On Mach3 I think I have tried to run one of the sample programmes but nothing happend what so ever, I have no CNC Knowledge only what I have seen on Youtube so in March this year i give up in frustration.

Brummie.
    Heya Brummie, welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately you're being very vague about the problem. If you post more information we may be able to help. Try and answer the following:

• Pictures/Videos of the machine and the problem. Try to walk us through the process you're going through to get the machine to work, and the process you're going through to apply these settings.
    • Basic machine information. Does it power up, does it move, how is it connected to the PC, wiring photos or better yet diagrams. At what stage does a problem occur?
    • What are these settings you're trying to apply? Are they settings for the VFD itself, are they for the Mach3 software, or are they on VCarve?

[QUOTE=AndyUK;109725]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brummie View Post

Heya Brummie, welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately you're being very vague about the problem. If you post more information we may be able to help. Try and answer the following:

• Pictures/Videos of the machine and the problem. Try to walk us through the process you're going through to get the machine to work, and the process you're going through to apply these settings.
    • Basic machine information. Does it power up, does it move, how is it connected to the PC, wiring photos or better yet diagrams. At what stage does a problem occur?
    • What are these settings you're trying to apply? Are they settings for the VFD itself, are they for the Mach3 software, or are they on VCarve?
    Hi Thanks for your help guys, Im not being vague at all, all I have noted on here is the sum total of what I know. I have turned the machine on 2 times since i bought it last year. nothing at all happens, so I turned it off and covered it up. I know absolutley zilch, Hence asking if anyone lives in south wales so I can watch what they do. I have no instructions at all no wireing diagrammes, I bought a V carve programme and bought Mach3 programme and a stand alone PC. .

ok, check list.
    check your pc is not using windows 64 bit, as this turns off the printer port and nothing will work. you will need to reformat c drive and install windows running 32 bit, or xp program.
    if however you are not running windows 64 bit. then it looks like your ports and pins are not set up. to sort this we will need to know the name of the break out board you are using. at this stage we can’t go any further.

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 19 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Hi Thanks for your help guys, Im not being vague at all, all I have noted on here is the sum total of what I know. I have turned the machine on 2 times since i bought it last year. nothing at all happens, so I turned it off and covered it up. I know absolutley zilch, Hence asking if anyone lives in south wales so I can watch what they do. I have no instructions at all no wireing diagrammes, I bought a V carve programme and bought Mach3 programme and a stand alone PC. .
    Brummie. First welcome to the forum. If you want help you need to supply the information that people ask for but you are not doing this so it make it difficult to help. Nobody has a crystal ball that works.

Try and answer the questions you have been asked. It will all come together in time and we all have to learn.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information