. .
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladevane View Post
    All sorted. Good luck with the DXF exports.
    Awesome, thank you so much for the assist!

Quote Originally Posted by Bladevane View Post
    All sorted. Good luck with the DXF exports.
    Alright, I am stumped. What is the trick to getting this pricing file prompt file to go away? I have the app blocked by my firewall for ANY external connectivity so I don't get the "New Version Available" prompt.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2021-12-04 140336.png 
Views:	55 
Size:	12.1 KB 
ID:	30686

Quote Originally Posted by builder59 View Post
    Alright, I am stumped. What is the trick to getting this pricing file prompt file to go away? I have the app blocked by my firewall for ANY external connectivity so I don't get the "New Version Available" prompt.
    If you are trying to view the file in the 3D viewer then it will check the price file date, when it is too old it will want to update the price file before it will allow the viewer to open.

You can use this program to back set the date of your version eMachineShop so you will be able to use all functions.

For version 1.932 set the date to Feb. 20, 2019.
    For version 1.935 set the date to July 30, 2019.

Or you can download their most current version (v1.948 at time of this writing), create your design and save(export) it as a EMSX extension.

You will need to edit the emsx file by deleting the third line that contains "<Creator Name="eMachineShop" Version="?.???"/>" and then resave the file.

Then open it in one of the versions 1.932 or 1.935 and ONLY convert the file to DXF.

Hope that helps.

Good Luck!

Big5, thank you.

Funny enough I had RunAsDate on my machine for another application but my application seemed to still want to get a new version of the software.

The 2nd workaround through was pretty simple and I think I'm going to go that route. Thanks again.

Big5, thank you.

Funny enough I had RunAsDate on my machine for another application but my application seemed to still want to get a new version of the software.

The 2nd workaround through was pretty simple and I think I'm going to go that route. Thanks again.
    If you open eMachineShop by clicking on the design file extension its self, RunAsDate will not work. Design file associations/ extensions are link direct to the program set in your registry.

You would have to change the registry extension links with the RunAsDate shortcut and uncheck the registry local user permissions too allow direct file association. It is a lot more complicated.

The simplest way is to create a eMachineShop / RunAsDate shortcut, then open your file from inside eMachineShop.

Just beware in future versions of eMachineShop they could change the emsx file structure disabling the 2nd workaround.

Just for your information.

Quote Originally Posted by Big5Axis View Post
    If you open eMachineShop by clicking on the design file extension its self, RunAsDate will not work. Design file associations/ extensions are link direct to the program set in your registry.

You would have to change the registry extension links with the RunAsDate shortcut and uncheck the registry local user permissions too allow direct file association. It is a lot more complicated.

Name:	VirtualBox_Windows Xp_06_12_2021_14_20_03.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	30691
    The simplest way is to create a eMachineShop / RunAsDate shortcut, then open your file from inside eMachineShop.

Just beware in future versions of eMachineShop they could change the emsx file structure disabling the 2nd workaround.

Just for your information.
    Yeah I was already worrying about what's to come in the future upgrades. I am opening the raw program through RunAsDate under an admin account. Do I need to connect to the internet to move past this stage? I am using an XP VM so I can easily go back to a Snapshot in case the program connects to the mothership and gets stuck in the do-loop of "Download Now" or "Download Later"

Name:	VirtualBox_Windows Xp_06_12_2021_14_19_37.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	30690

Name:	VirtualBox_Windows Xp_06_12_2021_14_20_03.png 
Views:	51 
Size:	55.0 KB 
ID:	30691

Yeah I was already worrying about what's to come in the future upgrades. I am opening the raw program through RunAsDate under an admin account. Do I need to connect to the internet to move past this stage? I am using an XP VM so I can easily go back to a Snapshot in case the program connects to the mothership and gets stuck in the do-loop of "Download Now" or "Download Later"
    Running RunAsDate in VM can create issues since the VM date is parsed thru the main computers system date. So it is not advisable to use RunAsDate in a VM environment.

I do not have XP any more but I did get it to run with Win10 Sandbox. Not using administrator mode.

I installed it but did not allow eMachineShop to run right after install. Then I ran it with RunAsDate without issues except the "Socket Error # 11004" since internet is disabled in my sandbox.

Name:	RunAsDate2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	30693

When it is allowed to run without RunAsDate, it is setting something for the current date/time requiring the price file update even if you use RunAsDate later.

Here are my RunAsDate settings.

Name:	RunAsDate3.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	30694 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RunAsDate4.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	30695

You can create a shortcut for easier launching of the program.

If you just want to convert a ems file to DXF then you can strip down eMachineShop to these files, emachineshop.exe, EmsDxf.dll, MLCrypt.dll and PGP_SDK.dll. Using only these will disable the 3D viewer and the other functions. This is what I have done so there is no need to use RunAsDate and make eMachineShop completely stand alone.
    Last edited by Big5Axis; 07-12-2021 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Correct Typos

Quote Originally Posted by Big5Axis View Post
    Running RunAsDate in VM can create issues since the VM date is parsed thru the main computers system date. So it is not advisable to use RunAsDate in a VM environment.

I do not have XP any more but I did get it to run with Win10 Sandbox. Not using administrator mode.

I installed it but did not allow eMachineShop to run right after install. Then I ran it with RunAsDate without issues except the "Socket Error # 11004" since internet is disabled in my sandbox.

Name:	RunAsDate2.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	30693

When it is allowed to run without RunAsDate, it is setting something for the current date/time requiring the price file update even if you use RunAsDate later.

Here are my RunAsDate settings.

Name:	RunAsDate3.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	146.7 KB 
ID:	30694 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RunAsDate4.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	124.6 KB 
ID:	30695

You can create a shortcut for easier launching of the program.

If you just want to convert a ems file to DXF then you can strip down eMachineShop to these files, emachineshop.exe, EmsDxf.dll, MLCrypt.dll and PGP_SDK.dll. Using only these will disable the 3D viewer and the other functions. This is what I have done so there is no need to use RunAsDate and make eMachineShop completely stand alone.

Alright, now this is just more of a challenge to try and get this thing working! Your instructions are so helpful Big5Axis, thank you so much! I didn't have much time to tinker on it today but I'll get some time tomorrow going the sandbox route and report back.

The stripped down folder structure with the 1 exc and 3 dlls works like a charm!

Alright, now this is just more of a challenge to try and get this thing working! Your instructions are so helpful Big5Axis, thank you so much! I didn't have much time to tinker on it today but I'll get some time tomorrow going the sandbox route and report back.

The stripped down folder structure with the 1 exc and 3 dlls works like a charm!
    Just for information, the stripped down eMachineShop file structure works for both v1.932 and v1.935.

I just use the stripped version v1.935 with powershell to remove the 3rd line and open a prompt to load the file into the eMachineShop v1.935 to convert to DXF.

I use v1.943 in full with RunAsDate to create and export since it also does emsx and STL exports. This setup allows me the most flexibility.

Name:	no joy.png 
Views:	67 
Size:	484.4 KB 
ID:	30701

I gotta be missing something. Following your RunAsDate in a Win10 Pro sandbox, even stripped the "1932" out of the Windows Explorer location but I still get the same error that I was getting in my XP VM (see screenshot).

When you mentioned earlier that you "installed" it. What is your process there? I'm just dragging the non-compressed folder directly into the c:\program files (x86) directory and not actually running any installer.exe. I know there is installationlauncher.exe file in the uncompressed folder but I can't tell what that is actually doing when I run it.

So....1.943 still does full STLs? Anyway to get me hands on that version? I was originally going with the DXF/OpenGL method to get to a final product but eliminating that step would be awesome. I started using this program with 1.947 so I do have that installer file if anyone out there needs it.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information