. .
    Lives in Yeovil, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 31-08-2019 Has been a member for 2-3 years. Has a total post count of 5.
    Hi, I've had my 6040 for a couple of months now, and all has been well, though it's my first foray into CNC machining so a bit of a learning curve!

That was until yesterday when I powered up for a morning of pottering and my laptop in the workshop (and home pc also, as I was later to find out) refused to recognise the cnc, throwing up this error -

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed."

I've tried all the (to me) obvious things, different usb cable, cycling the power, reinstalling the software, all to no avail. I have messaged the seller (from e-bay) but after having a read through some other threads on here I'm not over hopeful.

I don't know if anyone has any suggestions?

Many thanks

Roger

Hiya,

Did you manage to get this sorted out, be sure to keep any power cables away from the USB cable. This mess's with allot of machines trying to run via USB comm's and fixes the problem most of the time.
    .Me

Lives in Yeovil, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 31-08-2019 Has been a member for 2-3 years. Has a total post count of 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Hiya,

Did you manage to get this sorted out, be sure to keep any power cables away from the USB cable. This mess's with allot of machines trying to run via USB comm's and fixes the problem most of the time.
    Not fixed as yet, I have ruled out interference with the usb cable by using a screened cable.

I'm still going through the support from the vendor, which is painfully slow I will say, but I have a feeling it is the usb pcb in the control box that's failed as I've tried running it with a difference pc with a fresh software install. I just need them to either send a replacement out, or tell me they won't so I can get things sorted (and upgraded :) ) myself.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by rogw View Post
    Not fixed as yet, I have ruled out interference with the usb cable by using a screened cable.

I'm still going through the support from the vendor, which is painfully slow I will say, but I have a feeling it is the usb pcb in the control box that's failed as I've tried running it with a difference pc with a fresh software install. I just need them to either send a replacement out, or tell me they won't so I can get things sorted (and upgraded :) ) myself.

Roger
    No problem but I would still make sure the cables are segregated, have a look in the control box as well and make sure no internal wiring is being effected in the same way.
    .Me

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

I had somewhat similar problem with 3dprinter. Have you tried using different usb port in laptop/computer ?
    In my case windows decided to not recognise my printer on this particular port for some reason.

Also, ditch all the usb hubs if you're using any - they, for the most part, are an antenna for EM interference... Cheap ones anyway...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to threedee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by threedee View Post
    I had somewhat similar problem with 3dprinter. Have you tried using different usb port in laptop/computer ?
    In my case windows decided to not recognise my printer on this particular port for some reason.

Also, ditch all the usb hubs if you're using any - they, for the most part, are an antenna for EM interference... Cheap ones anyway...
    I have tried a completely separate pc, no hubs involved on either.

No problem but I would still make sure the cables are segregated, have a look in the control box as well and make sure no internal wiring is being effected in the same way.
    I had a peek inside and the cabling looks well separated in terms of high / low voltage. and the motion control board is the opposite end of the box to the transformer and vfd.

Ok out of interest what Windows version are you running.
    .Me

Ok out of interest what Windows version are you running.
    windows10

Thread Information