. .

Thread: Hi everyone

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary1329 View Post
    Hi Ericka
    I have a 30x18 cm I’ve just ordered some limit switches. I didn’t realise I needed them . Every time I go to cut it shoots down to bottom left hand corner. I think it’s looking for the limits.
    Gary
    Interesting....30x18 cm?? What make machine is it

It’s one of the Chinese ones off eBay. It has the Grbl controller on it . It seems to be ok for what I need it for at the moment . I’m planning on cutting little wooden shapes for crafting.
    Gary

It’s one of the Chinese ones off eBay. It has the Grbl controller on it . It seems to be ok for what I need it for at the moment . I’m planning on cutting little wooden shapes for crafting.
    Gary
    I am sure someone here can help you with the Grbl controller....i have never worked on them.

Enjoy your cnc, they are great fun:)

Gary,
    I have a machine I designed and built myself using steel box section lengths I scrounged of the local tip and all the clever bits bought on Ebay and AliExpress. I'm using LinuxCNC running on an old Windows XP era PC so cannot advise you regarding Grbl, though if you haven't specifically, and sucessfully homed the machine by some means before starting to try and cut anything this may well be the problem.
    Getting a machine up and running can be frustrating at first, there are so many things you didn't know you didn't know, but once it's sorted you'll have a lot of fun finding new things to make with it.

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

I have one of the Chinese laser and routers. I’ve mastered the laser part of it just struggling with the router part. I’ve got my project to the machine but when I try to cut it out it just moves right down to the bottom left and just keeps running.
    What machines do you have ?
    Afraid I won't be able to help you Gary, as my CNC still only exists in my imagination. But think if you post a separate thread describing the issues you're experiencing, someone will be along to help. . . . . .

Hi Kit
    Yes I can see me doing a build in the future now I know how easy it is to do. The one I have I had to build but it was in Kit form. Thanks for the advise I will post on the Grbl posts.
    Gary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information