. .
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    That board is the spindle board. The connector is the enable and is being used to signal E-stop occured. The pins could just be jumped and it would work.

If your 100% sure BOB is getting signals then start by making sure power is getting to the Bob.
    The schematic shows that the E-stop controls a relay which provides 12v to power the BOB and the spindle board. The E-stop on the BOB is just shorted to Gnd and isn't actually used thru a E-Stop button.

This is a simple BOB and should work if provided with power and signals. Nothing else external controls it's functions ie: enable, charge pump etc.
    If its getting power/signals and your pin settings are correct then it will work. So if it's not then call it dead and move on.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Sorry, I know more questions than answers. That board that presents the connector similar to the ESTOP connector - there's three wires - L, N and FG wired up. Is there ANYTHING else wired to that board?

This is really looking like a FrankenSyil machine. That board ("Main Board") is the primary supplies for the rest of the "normal" X4 as well as the 3-phase controller for the brushless spindle motor. None of that appears to be wired. If that's the case, it's not necessarily a bad thing but might help us understand how much of the standard Syil configuration can be ignored. Right now I'm half convinced you can lose that board.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    Sorry, I know more questions than answers. That board that presents the connector similar to the ESTOP connector - there's three wires - L, N and FG wired up. Is there ANYTHING else wired to that board?

This is really looking like a FrankenSyil machine. That board ("Main Board") is the primary supplies for the rest of the "normal" X4 as well as the 3-phase controller for the brushless spindle motor. None of that appears to be wired. If that's the case, it's not necessarily a bad thing but might help us understand how much of the standard Syil configuration can be ignored. Right now I'm half convinced you can lose that board.
    The bob is powered from it - the red wire coming from it goes to the ‘com’ pin on bob.

I recall the guy I bought it from saying he installed a different spindle in it if that’s useful info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by IhateDoug; 25-08-2019 at 05:20 PM.

I’m guessing there should be a fuse here?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0172.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	321.8 KB 
ID:	26315

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knowing now that its never worked for you then You need to go back to basics and just get the machine talking to mach3 So it moves the axis.
    That board is a spindle board and won't affect anything but the spindle so dont worry about that now.

In it's basic form all you need to get machine moving is to connect drives to Bob and provide power. Limits', e-estop and everything else can be left disconnected.

Then in mach3 just set correct step n direction pins for each drive in motor outputs. You can ignore any input/outputs as they only apply if being used. you will have to toggle estop active high/low so mach resets.

When you have movement then you can start putting the limits etc back into use.

Trying to trouble shoot a machine you know nothing about is like fubbling around in dark. Better to just start again at the beggining.

Trying to trouble shoot a machine you know nothing about is like fubbling around in dark. Better to just start again at the beggining.

Is this like when you are 12
    Last edited by Clive S; 25-08-2019 at 07:32 PM.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Clive S View Post
    Is this like when you are 12
    Ye and I'm still fubbling around in dark which is very different to fumbling.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Ye and I'm still fubbling around in dark which is very different to fumbling.

Hey Dean, good to see you back on the forum, hope your keeping well
    .Me

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

Nice to have you back Dean.
    Mike

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mekanik For This Useful Post:

This may be a dumb question, but have you consulted your manual? Or do you still have a copy? If not, there's a copy available here.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread Information