. .
    Lives in Surrey, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15-09-2019 Has been a member for 2-3 years. Has a total post count of 3.
    As the title says, I have an LPKF C60 pcb router with a high speed spindle that has just overheated and I am now getting an over current warning when trying to use it.

Can anyone suggest somewhere to get it repaired in the UK?
    Thanks

Hi, sorry cant help with this, think your best option will be to contact LPKF and see if they have any info on repair shops they recommend.

Guess they may have the option of selling you a new spindle if you could fit it yourself? that could save some money and i'm sure we could help you with that if you run into problems, only info I could find was about fuse's.

LPKF Laser & Electronics AG
    Osteriede 7
    30827 Garbsen / Germany
    Tel.: ++49-5131-7095-0
    Fax: ++49-5131-7095-90
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Internet: http://www.lpkf.de
    .Me

Lives in Surrey, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15-09-2019 Has been a member for 2-3 years. Has a total post count of 3.
    Yep, thanks for the reply. I have found a couple of spindle spares & repairs places who are going to contact me after the holiday here in the UK.
    The spindle is a rebranded 60,000 rpm kavo 4025, expensive for what it is and probably even more expensive from LPKF, but a very nice piece of kit.

I have retirement looming on the horizon so expenditure on new tools ended earlier this year but I would really like to keep this machine after I eventually shut up shop so hopefully I can get it repaired at a reasonable price.

Great news, do keep us posted on what they come back with (prices etc....) if you wouldn't mind sharing their details back with us that would be great and help out anyone else looking for the same kind of thing in the future.

I look forward to seeing some "its working again" photo's soon ;-)
    .Me

I didn't want to leave this thread hanging so,
    I contacted three different spindle repair companies (by the contact forms on their websites, maybe not the best way) including the official Kavo/Sycotec UK repair agents and only one company replied saying their spindle repair tech would get in touch within a few days, and since then, nothing from any of them, zilch.

If I didn't have a spare machine available I would be tearing my hair out by now.

Thread Information