. .

Thread: Hello

Hi
    Thanks for the invite to join the group hope us Brits can help each other out.

Andy

Welcome to the forums !

Ill be keeping an eye out for your build log andy !
    .Me

Might be a while yet, although the electronic side of things is almost complete, I am still gathering parts for the rest of the build, but be rest assured once I start I will keep you up to date with my progress.

Andy

Great stuff cant wait will be nice to not be the only one with a build log on here, you building from your own plans or?
    .Me

Welcome to the forums and good luck with your machine !
    .Me

It will be my own design in as far as I have done all my own drawings, all I have done is looked how other people have designed/built their machines taken what seems to be the best ideas and what works and tried to incorporate them into my design. Unsure at the moment whether to go with a moving gantry/fixed table or fixed gantry/ moving table, I have concerns about the finished weight of the gantry assembley (all aluminium) but as I said in my earlier post I am a little way off yet to actually building my machine. The finished machine should have around 750mm in the X and Y axis and around 150 to 200 mm in the Z.

Andy

Sounds good, well keep us updated anyway i look forward to it.

I'v gone with the http://www.rockcliffmachine.com plans, i'm already looking at little design mods that i could do more cosmetic then anything else/

However i desided last night that i would just try and do the best i can with the plans as they are and try and build a good example of there machine, as Nick is going to put my pic's and a link to this site on his website/plans.
    .Me

Rockcliff - err - rock!

Though I must admit now that having seen quite a few plans from other makers I'm getting the hang of it and might not end up using any particular plan...

But machine no.1 is likely to be at best a fun experiment :P #

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Charlie

Thread Information