Hi All
I was paralyzed 7 years ago by doctors negligence and have been adjusting to life in a wheelchair
there's a cool new machine on the market called an OMEO ( google if you like..... have to add NZ) which currently has no storing device in a vehicle unless its ramps or a hoist ( awkward and dangerous) it weights 70kg total.
Ive thought of a machine that sits in the back of a suv type vehicle and when the door opens the machine moves OUT 400mm so that the front has now cleared the boot-bumper-towbar.
a forklift like arm then lowers and picks up the omeo by its handles. this is then automatically locked to the arm
gears etc lift it up 650mm and then the whole lot moves back into the vehicle. No tiedows needed as its locked.
having problem with the "forks" moving from parked position ( right forward ) to the end of the 400mm overhang
Thats why im here
I need a ballscrew mounted on the side of the machine which is then attached to the fork base plate so as powered it moves the whole fork outwards 900mm
My background is building and no matter how many "calculators" i find online i just dont know what im doing to work out torque-rpm etc.
Jes sorry for the novel above

My name is Richard and i live in New Zealand. Thank you in advance for any help