. .
  1. #1
    Any ideas what this stuff is called (often seen on Stepcraft machines) and where you can get it from please?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s2-300-2.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	26422

  2. #2
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t-slot-cover-500x500.jpeg 
Views:	77 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	26428

    I believe motedis and ooznest sell this type. Probably eBay too.

    RS components has a range of dust cover strips too for different width slots.
    Last edited by Nealieboyee; 10-09-2019 at 12:24 PM.

  3. #3
    Neal - thanks for the reply, but those aren't quite what I'm looking for. The Stepcraft machines have the gantry side plates running in a slot with a flexible rubber(?) strip either side to stop swaft getting down into the ballscrews, guides, belts whatever, sorry the photo's not very good. I've looked at rubber draught excluder strips, but all I've seen so far are a bit on the stiff side

  4. #4
    Hi Voicecoil


    This company will have the extrusion you are looking for.
    It can be rolled up and posted


  5. #5
    Thanks John, I hadn't thought of silicone, I was expecting polyurethane or natural rubber from the abrasion resistance angle.

  6. #6

  7. #7
    m_c's Avatar
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 5 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,484. Received thanks 284 times, giving thanks to others 7 times.
    I know the kind of thing you're after, however I've got no idea what it's official name is, let alone where you can buy it.

    A bigger rubber version is often used on roller/shutter doors, but the thinner harder plastic version is fitted to some 2 post car lifts.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

  8. #8
    Yes, flexibility is the key, so it will mould/seal itself around the moving bits. I've used slider potentiometers/faders on audio and lighting control desks in the past that have had a thinner version of this stuff covering the actuator slots but it came as part of the unit from the Far East.
    Last edited by Voicecoil; 11-09-2019 at 11:04 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WANTED: 75mm or longer Flexible Brush strip.
    By JAZZCNC in forum Items Wanted
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 16-11-2016, 08:20 AM
  2. Brush Strip
    By pwestuk in forum Items On eBay UK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-02-2015, 06:45 PM
  3. Air cooling/SWARF removal
    By m.marino in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 11:39 AM
  4. FOR SALE: Open End 3M HTD Rubber belt 15mm wide
    By wiatroda in forum Items For Sale
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-06-2011, 02:49 PM
  5. Looking for Vacuum/Swarf extraction tubing
    By m.marino in forum Machine Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 17-08-2009, 11:35 PM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts