. .
    Any ideas what this stuff is called (often seen on Stepcraft machines) and where you can get it from please?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s2-300-2.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	26422

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	t-slot-cover-500x500.jpeg 
Views:	258 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	26428

I believe motedis and ooznest sell this type. Probably eBay too.

RS components has a range of dust cover strips too for different width slots.
    Last edited by Nealieboyee; 10-09-2019 at 01:24 PM.

Neal - thanks for the reply, but those aren't quite what I'm looking for. The Stepcraft machines have the gantry side plates running in a slot with a flexible rubber(?) strip either side to stop swaft getting down into the ballscrews, guides, belts whatever, sorry the photo's not very good. I've looked at rubber draught excluder strips, but all I've seen so far are a bit on the stiff side

Hi Voicecoil

https://jehbco.com.au/

This company will have the extrusion you are looking for.
    It can be rolled up and posted

Regards
    John

Thanks John, I hadn't thought of silicone, I was expecting polyurethane or natural rubber from the abrasion resistance angle.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I know the kind of thing you're after, however I've got no idea what it's official name is, let alone where you can buy it.

A bigger rubber version is often used on roller/shutter doors, but the thinner harder plastic version is fitted to some 2 post car lifts.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Yes, flexibility is the key, so it will mould/seal itself around the moving bits. I've used slider potentiometers/faders on audio and lighting control desks in the past that have had a thinner version of this stuff covering the actuator slots but it came as part of the unit from the Far East.
    Last edited by Voicecoil; 12-09-2019 at 12:04 AM.

Thread Information