. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Cheers Doddy, we are getting somewhere! The forward and reverse now function on the vf d but still no speed do I need to connect the acm to 24v0 too or is it something to so with my ucnc setup as its showing actual speed at 0 even though it's set at 5000?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nope, that diagram shows the analogue output AO1 referenced to 5V0, so you need to connect 5V0 to ACM (which I believe you said you already did). (or connect 5V0 and 24V0 together).

You could try connecting the VI input to the VFD to the 5V+ supply (obviously, having disconnected it from the AO1 output first). Then M3 should command a 12000RPM output from the VFD (not variable) - that would confirm that the VFD analogue input is correctly configured. And that would leave just trying to work out why both UCCNC and the AXBB aren't playing with the PWM output control. It feels like a UCCNC configuration thing but your screen shot looks basically right. I can dig out my settings for my Starmill (I have UCCNC driving EITHER that or the Sieg, but it's currently wired into the Sieg which has a manual spindle control).
    Last edited by Doddy; 14-09-2019 at 04:14 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddy For This Useful Post:

You da man Doddy it now works..but the spindle is at half the speed? So so close now

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieRam View Post
    You da man Doddy it now works..but the spindle is at half the speed? So so close now

With VI connected to 5V+ ?, I'm assuming that's what you're talking about and the rest of this only makes sense if this is what you mean.

So, connecting 5V into a 0-10V input you would expect 1/2 max speed (I assume 12000 RPM).

You now still need to understand how to get 0-10V from the PWM output from the AXBB. I'm AFK for a short while (wife stops play) then I'll google the AXBB manual a bit more. If you can recover the wiring to have the AO1 connected to the VI on the VFD and any further intelligence from your side?

No, it seems the spindle override on the uccnc changed to max 1rpm(probably when I played with the pulley option) the AXBB has a jumper which is supposed to set the output to 0-10v which I have already removed. I need to get ready for a date so I will pick it back up tomorrow but thanks for the help in getting running much appreciated.

Just a quick update...i decided to change pd070 to input voltage 0-5v and it now works at full speed so I need to figure out why the AXBB is still only outputting the 5v even with the jumper removed or just stick with the 5v control. I'm assuming people use the 10v so it's more immune to noise?

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieRam View Post
    Just a quick update...i decided to change pd070 to input voltage 0-5v and it now works at full speed so I need to figure out why the AXBB is still only outputting the 5v even with the jumper removed or just stick with the 5v control. I'm assuming people use the 10v so it's more immune to noise?

No that will be fine.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Charlie some of the huanyang VFD's have a jumper to change between 0-5v and 0-10v as well as being able to use the PD70 setting.

It's all working now although I hacked an old cheapo usb gamepad to use the inputs from my pendant and control panel and it seems the spindle is causing some interference which is occasionally switching the coolant on or the spindle off! I need to find another way of allowing all the inputs or stopping the usb gamepad board being affected

If you believe it's the spindle (and this is not unlikely), then look at the shielding on the cable to to machine - ensure that it's grounded both ends and ensure that controller and machine share a low impedance path to earth. Share a common earth at the controller for the shielding on all inputs to the controller and/or use differential inputs with/without shielding. Get some ferrites on the supply to the VFD, and to the gamepad.
    Last edited by Doddy; 15-09-2019 at 02:23 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information