. .
    Happy with my old Boxford 190VMC, but would like to do some tapping on it.
    at present cant reverse spindle the set up is as follows.
    Spindle drive is EVD534-E LENZE the BOB is hooked up to DIYCNC Spindle V4 board, not sure what the motor is, assume its the original from boxford 450w one.
    the wiring on bob is setup for reversing but when you input M3 S whatever, spindle turn on CW, when input M4 S whatever, spindle stops and starts same way CW, does not reverse.
    Is there a way to enable spindle reversing on above setup? or do I need to buy a new Spindle Kit? ie spindle drive + control board + spindle motor.

Mike

Section 6.3 of the manual shows the kind of reversing circuit required, the drive doesn't do the reversing, an external circuit does the reversing by changing the polarity of the armature circuit of the motor, you need to take a look at your reversing circuit and work out why it isn't reversing the polarity.

You need to read this - http://www.lenze.org.ua/pdf/530_Spee...rs_1202_EN.pdf
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

There is no reversing circuit, thats why its not working, 2 relays have no wires going into them.
    As the LENZE has no stop/ccw or stop/cw input do I just rout 2 wires from the motor through the relays?
    if so can someone do me a sketch of the wiring pls.

can I use this to reverse the spindle
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5V-9V-12V...YAAOSwsPhdghbQ

Quote Originally Posted by mosoeng View Post
    There is no reversing circuit, thats why its not working, 2 relays have no wires going into them.
    As the LENZE has no stop/ccw or stop/cw input do I just rout 2 wires from the motor through the relays?
    if so can someone do me a sketch of the wiring pls.
    The manual states that the motor must be stopped before reversing direction and that reversing direction should be achieved by reversing the polarity of the stator windings, that shouldn't be too complicated but you will need to identify what you have to work with, i.e. what are the relays, I assume they are at least DPDT? what's the relay field coil voltage? Plus what output from your controller you expect to trigger the relays with, a 5v logic output from a BOB is not going to run a 24v or relay.

If you plan to reverse under programmed control you will need to consider how you are going to ensure that the motor stops before reversing, that might be as simple as editing your post processor to add a suitable pause before any spindle direction change
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Thread Information