. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by the great waldo View Post
    Hi Jazz
    No need to reply on this. I've just checked out some of your previous posts, which lets me think that staying with what I have will be good enough for what I need.

Cheers

Andrew
    Too Late....Lol

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Too Late....Lol
    Well youv'e got me thinking after your last reply. I can you the bits I have to upgrade an older machine and don't mind spending a few bob on something that runs better and I will be doing a fair amount of 2.5/3d cutting, and i'm getting old so anything that runs a bit better (quicker smoother ) i'm happy to invest in. Now the killer question is are the stepperonline kits ok (they seem to have great prices and there seems to be a 5% discount for us members) or should I look around a bit.
    Cheers
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    What's the primary coil rating of the toroidal? If 220V then you might be well over the design limit of 48V with a 240V supply.

Personally, if the rectified voltage was 49-50V I probably wouldn't lose sleep over using them myself, but would never design around this for a third party.
    Hi Doddy
    We have 220 volts here in Austria,
    cheers
    Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by the great waldo View Post
    Now the killer question is are the stepperonline kits ok (they seem to have great prices and there seems to be a 5% discount for us members) or should I look around a bit.
    Cheers
    Andrew
    I've only used this brand on one machine and they worked fine. No better or worse than any of the others I've used and that includes Leadshine.
    I did Kill one drive but that was my fault oversizing the PSU which is why I know they don't tolerate Overvoltage.!

Thanks good to know.
    Cheers

Andrew

Many of the Stepperonline drivers have 'Leadshine' written on them as well and their part numbers generally match. One of the reasons I've used them in the past is that buying a 'Stepperonline' driver from Stepperonline seems like a good way to guarantee I'm not getting a counterfeit Leadshine driver.

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    Many of the Stepperonline drivers have 'Leadshine' written on them as well and their part numbers generally match. One of the reasons I've used them in the past is that buying a 'Stepperonline' driver from Stepperonline seems like a good way to guarantee I'm not getting a counterfeit Leadshine driver.

Kit
    Can't really say that for certain because I've had drives that look identical to Leadshine with matching numbers etc but when you open them up you can clearly see they are not made by leadshine as the quality is terrible. The counterfeiters are very clever and don't miss a trick regards Visuals and identifcations.

Unless Stepper online sell them as Leadshine drives and if they where genuine leadhsine why wouldn't they.? I wouldn't it take they are Leadshine.!
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 20-09-2019 at 02:25 PM.

Some of the drivers have both Leadshine and Stepperonline logos. The manual says "designed by Stepperonline. Manufactured by Leadshine". I'll let you make up your own mind.

https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/di...or-dm320t.html

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

** Ignore, I'm getting Austria and Australia confused **

(Looks at watch: I'm going back to bed...)
    Last edited by Doddy; 21-09-2019 at 07:17 AM.

Well it looks like i'm veering towards the following configuration.
    https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/1-...or-driver.html
    https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/1-...or-driver.html
    I'm not sure which one of these to choose as the price is only a few euros more in the stronger motor.
    https://www.omc-stepperonline.com/po...-s-500-36.html
    I could by a new transformer to go with parts I have from my previous unregulated supply but would probably cost as much or more as the switching supply above.
    The machine this lot would go on is the following which I already have.
    https://www.sorotec.de/shop/Portal-m...-DIY-4862.html
    Its main use would be for wood carving (guitar making ) and some light metal/plastic milling. Any opinions would be gratefully accepted. Looking at the steppersonline site I like the idea from buying from one scource. They seem to have all the extra cable extensions etc. at a reasonable price and ship from Europe which saves a lot in Duty and taxes.
    Cheers
    Andrew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information