. .

Thread: 4x4 cnc router

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thank you irving2008

my steel cabinet arrived today...looks very good! will post picture in a few days, Also i was wondering about how to connect the stepper motors to the drivers. I was wanting to use some sort of plug (din) to house on the out side of the controller unit ? but i cant seem to find any what would be up to the job of the amount of power that would travel thought these they all seem to be audio!
    any suggestions ?
    oh in line fuses here, set resistors...work can now start

Hi

Here's the eBay item number to the connectors I used, excellent quality and had good service from the seller

Andy

Hi Andy

thanks, Would these be suitable ? ebay item no...220419398372
    i like how these look :naughty:

Here's another option for you -

http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/Catalo...ng-Accessories

I used these on my machine and they are pretty good quality.

They sell cable and also potting box's for terminating the wires on the side of the stepper, looks very neat when done. Yet another idea I stole from John S!

Location unknown. Last Activity: 10-11-2014 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 58. Received thanks 1 times, giving thanks to others 0 times.
    thanks, Would these be suitable ? ebay item no...220419398372
    i like how these look

Hi Kingfisher
    Looking on the Neutrik website the five pin plug, the contacts are rated at 7.5A which is fine.
    One disadvantage with these connectors is you will need to mount them so that they cannot be knocked and become accidently unplugged while in use as this may damage the related drive.

Kn8

6. These are what I used... 4pin plus overall case screen, screw down locking... ok for 6A steppers...

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    These are what I used... 4pin plus overall case screen, screw down locking... ok for 6A steppers...

thanks irving2008

Please if you have time a little help on the wiring of the motors for Bipolar Parallel, Had a look at the drawings with no hope! i would really appreciate some help. I have all the parts i need now fuses, wire ,connectors etc.i will have a go over the weekend :heehee:
    Last edited by kingfisher; 16-10-2009 at 03:24 PM.

8. You can buy those connectors in maplin.
    I used them on my x3 conversion.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    You can buy those connectors in maplin.
    I used them on my x3 conversion.
    True, but at maplin they are £4 a pair plus postage... thats £15 instead of £6...

10. Just saying if you have a maplins near you.
    We have two near us, and i needed the connectors that day so made it easy

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    True, but at maplin they are £4 a pair plus postage... thats £15 instead of £6...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information