. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I've had 2 blank emails with no subject title in the last 24 hours seeming to come from this forum - anyone else had one or know what they're about please?
    Last edited by Voicecoil; 29-09-2019 at 07:17 PM.

Yup, had similar today

Will look into this guy's and see what I can find.

Anyone else had any problems ?
    .Me

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I'm guessing vB has had an update recently, as I've noticed a few oddities since the email format changed.

Since the format change, sometimes the quoted post in the emails has been blank, but I got some completely blank emails over the weekend which Gmail flagged as spam.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    I'm guessing vB has had an update recently, as I've noticed a few oddities since the email format changed.

Since the format change, sometimes the quoted post in the emails has been blank, but I got some completely blank emails over the weekend which Gmail flagged as spam.
    Humm a little concerning, I'm just doing the school run and sorting dinner then I'm gonna jump on this, could you check the email headers (message source) and see if anything stands out to you, or copy the info here for me to look at ?

There hasn't been any updates to vB recently or any changes by me, but there is an update waiting for me to install, this fixes some compatibly issues with PHP 7 and I need to see what else...

I'll see what o can find out and post back shortly, cheers.
    .Me

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Humm a little concerning, I'm just doing the school run and sorting dinner then I'm gonna jump on this, could you check the email headers (message source) and see if anything stands out to you, or copy the info here for me to look at ?

There hasn't been any updates to vB recently or any changes by me, but there is an update waiting for me to install, this fixes some compatibly issues with PHP 7 and I need to see what else...

I'll see what o can find out and post back shortly, cheers.
    I've just had a look, and I must have binned the blank messages via spam as they're not in my trash.
    I also had a look for some messages with blank quotes, but can't find any. I'm wondering if they're maybe a gmail formatting issue, as all message are showing quotes OK just now..
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

I've given Lee a couple of email headers. It's not gmail (or at least I don't think gmail sits anywhere in the loop with the emails that I received)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Doddy For This Useful Post:

Working on this now guys, so far cant see anything on the mail server to suggest anything, so i dont think there has been an intrusion at that level.

vB - The forum software is up to date in terms of "security" but there is an update I can install (vbulletin-4-2-5), I cant find much info on what this fix's or introduces but I do know it will probably just be code changes to support PHP 7+...

Just gonna look at these headers now, will report back.
    .Me

Hi guys,

I'm still looking into this but cant find anything wrong at the mo, your email headers look fine as dose the server...

...will post back as/if I find anything.
    .Me

Appreciate the support lee, I know it’s a thankless job running a site like this.

Heads up, I got another tonight around 21:59

Edit...

and...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-10-01 at 07.13.59.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	115.2 KB 
ID:	26476
    Last edited by Doddy; 01-10-2019 at 07:14 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information