. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Aye, thanks for trying to sort this out Lee. Looking through the message source I forwarded to you I can't see anything worrying, so at the most it's a very slightly irritating bug. Oh and BTW, I got another 5 between 00:30 and 01:45 - at the exact same time as the ones Doddy got - so it looks like this is a "group email" or "all members" email problem??
    Last edited by Voicecoil; 01-10-2019 at 10:04 AM.

Wondering if its a broken thread notification?

There is only one thread the three of you have participated in together recently (m_c, doddy, voicecoil) - I haven't received any of these blank emails, and haven't participated, nor has lee... Easy to test if lee posts in it! ;)

Lichuan "Easy Servo" closed loop stepper question in Stepper & Servo Motors

Also, Lee, not sure if its helpful but:

You can turn on Email logging in your vB Options.

AdminCP -> vBulletin Options -> Error Handling & Logging -> Log Emails to a File

Quote Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
    Wondering if its a broken thread notification?

There is only one thread the three of you have participated in together recently (m_c, doddy, voicecoil) - I haven't received any of these blank emails, and haven't participated, nor has lee... Easy to test if lee posts in it! ;)

Lichuan "Easy Servo" closed loop stepper question in Stepper & Servo Motors
    Good suggestion Andy

It genuinely wouldn't surprise me if the quotation marks in the post title were causing an exception - which if anyone is smart enough to exploit could be a VB security issue :P

I've now had 5 emails this afternoon suggesting that Lee has posted to the Lichuan stepper thread, but I can't see any entries there ....

Quote Originally Posted by Voicecoil View Post
    I've now had 5 emails this afternoon suggesting that Lee has posted to the Lichuan stepper thread, but I can't see any entries there ....
    Same

I was up most of the night trying to sort this out guys, sorry, I have been replying to that thread and then deleting my posts after while I test different things.

I will reply again later once i come to a conclusion, I think Andy is onto something re the quotation marks in the thread title I took these out early this morning ready to do a test i'm now about to try, I could'nt finish it this morning/today as the rest of the house woke up and school runs, babys and sleep got in the way.

Thanks for the feedback, "ill be back"...
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 01-10-2019 at 07:35 PM.
    .Me

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lee Roberts For This Useful Post:

This thread has an update in the form of a new post, you found out about it first from an email in your inbox.

This message is the body part of the email and the email not only has a subject line, that subject line also contains quotation marks around the words "Easy Servo"...how cool is that?!?!

This fix was bought to you by the letter "C".
    .Me

That seems to have solved it Lee - at last a post that agrees with the notification email - well done and thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information