I'm thinking about using a thin client PC for controlling my machine. They're small + low power (so you could mount it inside the control box) & pretty cheap to get hold of. The issue seems to be the operating system, which typically is an embedded version of Windoze set up to run as a thin client - a small computer with little local storage on a network, all settings, apps and data are downloaded from the central server worked on and then returned to it. As such there are a lot of lock downs and pretty well everything is wiped at the end of a session. However Windoze embedded can do a lot more I'm told (I believe it's even been used in one or two In Car Entertainment head units) and would seem ideal for running a CNC machine as it has the power to run normal programs but without all the stuff like Office, Movie Maker and other such floobydust. And it's much smaller than a standard install and I guess might run a bit faster. The issue is how to configure it, the standard thin client setup isn't ideal, has anyone got any ideas please? I know it would be possible to simply delete Windoze and replace with Linux, but I don't have any experience of that and want to get machining ASAP - and I do rather like the look of the UCCNC controllers/software.