. .
    hi i want to have dual steppers on y and z axis. in mach3 i can only see setting for slave for one pair of motors for one axis. anyone no how to get around this.
    thanks

Maybe use closed loop steppers and simply common up the STEP and DIR inputs to the drivers????

You could change to LinuxCNC v 2.8 but that's a bit drastic!
    I used commoned connections in the past as Voicecoil suggests without any difficulties. The only problem is you don't have any auto-squaring and will have to manually square up the axis if you accidentally turn one of the leadscrews.

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

thanks guys, if it can be done in linuxcnc i will use that, i can use linux but not used linuxcnc.

Quote Originally Posted by xadmx View Post
    thanks guys, if it can be done in linuxcnc i will use that, i can use linux but not used linuxcnc.
    If you want to go down that route I started a thread last year about installing LinuxCNC and updating to the version that allows auto-racking and setting it up. Clive C is a knowledgable user and added a lot of very useful help.

You've probably also seen the ongoing discussion about it in the thin clients thread.

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/12687...LinuxCNC-v-2-8

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Thread Information