. .
    so I just purchased this drag knife for my cnc for a project, but I didn't read the auction properly and it has a 4mm off set.

fuck knows why you would put any off set on a drag knife but this has a 4mm one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Drag-Knif...6a_1HkUxmezU7g

seller says use Vectric Aspire, but that's £2k so that's not happening.

anyone got any suggestions how I can deal with a 4mm off set, im using mach3 and cambam

Lives in Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 30-03-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 491. Received thanks 71 times, giving thanks to others 29 times.
    >fuck knows why you would put any off set on a drag knife but this has a 4mm one.

Fairly standard ain't it..? But yeah, it's a ball-ache when you want to get going and something unexpected trips you up. Fair few threads around on compensation, you might try starting here:

http://www.cambam.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=3628.0

Does look like you're in for a bit of a faff, though..!

Good luck.

Wal.

If you are only planning on cutting paper thin Items some like this would have been better for you..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIGN-VINY...cAAOSw9TFdPEQm

Anything like thick card or cardboard, that's when off sets come into play, the deeper you need to cut into the material the further the tip of the blade has to be away from the centre of the shaft.

Think of it as having a Stanley knife and trying to cut through a 4mm piece of cardboard but hold the knife in a straight upright position you will struggle, but if you tilt the knife say 65 degrees it will cut easily..

The offset is needed, it makes the blade turn to face the correct direction of the cut, just code as normal and watch it work...
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    The offset is needed, it makes the blade turn to face the correct direction of the cut, just code as normal and watch it work...
    sadly that doesn't work (code as normal)

Thread Information