. .
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    The DDcsv2.1 is getting better - good support however as Jazz says, not a good first rodeo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    The DDcsv2.1 is getting better - good support however as Jazz says, not a good first rodeo.
    I don't even have a plaid shirt or a hat, so yeah, probably best I stay away until I am waaayy more knowledgeable.
    RC cars
    RC helicopters
    Motorbikes
    Renovating an entire house
    Twatter: @CrazyLThirteen
    Insta: CrazyLThirteen

If it was working afore the HD went pop, then provided you have a working computer with a Windows 32bit OS and a parallel port, then you ought to be able to get it up and running again with no further expense. If you want to spend a few hundred quid and improve it by using an ethernet controller and separate drivers, then that would be good, but you will still have setup to do and I do not know whether you will have the same or more things to set in Mach3.

If you do go this route, I would be happy to test out the old Tb6560, so don't throw it away, send it to me.

Cheers,

Rob-T

Ok then, with that in mind, I have the machine, a pc, a copy of mach 3 I downloaded from newfangled solutions website, and a pci card that I had to patch in the driver for by hand, but device manager says is working fine.

Question: Do I need a device driver for the control board or is it just a case of mach 3 setttings as linked for earlier in the thread?

I literally am learning from scratch here.
    RC cars
    RC helicopters
    Motorbikes

Mach3 controls the printer port at a system level, this is necessary to give precise timing. Mach3 will need to know the address of the printer port and getting this will vary slightly according to the flavour of Windows you use. Then you have to put that info into Mach3 - if you have any difficulty with this then I can switch on my XP machine which is my CNC computer and remind myself how exactly. All my other computers use Wifi network printers (actually only one at the moment).

After you have configured Mach3 to use the printer port, then all the other configuration apart from the steps per, acceleration and speeds are in the document I sent you.

Cheers,

Rob

Thanks Cropwell. You mention the printer port. Are you suggesting I use that one instead of the pci card parallel port? I must admit, when I was playing around with it last time, and I was trying to set all the keys, it was pinging the machine more successfully through the main parallel port than it was the one on the card. Either way, I will hopefully have a go at it this weekend and let you all know how its going.
    Last edited by Crazy L; 18-12-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    RC cars
    RC helicopters
    Motorbikes

As far as I can understand, the serial port is for the connection of a manual controller. You will have to use the LPT for this board.

Now I hope you are not going to reply that the computer hasn't got a parallel printer socket

No, lol, I was refering to the pc itself. It has 2 ports, one on the pci card, and the one on the motherboard.
    RC cars
    RC helicopters
    Motorbikes

Ah, I was sure you said pinging a serial port, but that may have been an assumption, as I have never heard of pinging a parallel port. If you have a printer port on the motherboard, I would go for that one first. Just make sure that the address of the port is set up in Mach3 or you will get nowhere.

On my XP machine I have two BoB's and they are configured as per the photos.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02340.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	907.7 KB 
ID:	26912Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02341.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	694.2 KB 
ID:	26913Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02338.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	948.9 KB 
ID:	26914

I am in Horndean and believe I have an XP box that you are welcome to take, if you need it. Could also pop over if you are really pulling your hair out?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information