. .
    Trying to find a source of 4 core CY Shielded Cable for 2.2k chinese Router Spindle. Uk supplier prefered if you are kindly able to advise.

Much depends on how much you want - I've always bought mine from CPC - they sell 0.75mm^2 by the metre which is probably too light-weight for a 2.2kW but I've never had any problem with it - plus I live about 10 minutes drive from their trade counter. The usual suspects (Farnell and RS, etc) are likely to sell by the reel which may make things more unaffordable depending on your needs. Google is your friend, CY is not rare.

Thank you gentlemen. Ordered some 2.5 quite cheaply. Grateful for your input.

I used Quickbit, despite their somewhat iffy reviews, they did 4 core shielded 1.5mm for £1/m and 3 core shielded 0.5mm for £0.40/m which was by far the best price I found. Turned up ok, seems alright to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Leadhead View Post
    Thank you gentlemen. Ordered some 2.5 quite cheaply. Grateful for your input.
    If you can change the order then do so because 2.5mm will be too big for the connector. Even struggle with 1.5mm.
    Don't need 2.5mm either unless your running really really long lengths. 1mm is plenty good enough for 4 x 4 router and fits connector perfect.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    Much depends on how much you want - I've always bought mine from CPC - they sell 0.75mm^2 by the metre which is probably too light-weight for a 2.2kW but I've never had any problem with it - plus I live about 10 minutes drive from their trade counter. The usual suspects (Farnell and RS, etc) are likely to sell by the reel which may make things more unaffordable depending on your needs. Google is your friend, CY is not rare.
    0.75mm2 ought to be OK, the tables I've looked at give it a current rating of 12A @ 30deg ambient which even at 220V is enough if the power factor is anything like reasonable. Farnell do (suprisingly) sell CY by the metre, not the cheapest but if you have an account the shipping is v. reasonable which can tip the balance. If you want something extra flexible Rapid electronics do a good deal on Lapp stuff.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Voicecoil For This Useful Post:

Thread Information