. .

Thread: hi Folks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1
    Hi folks.
    Thanks for letting me join.
    I am new to CNC Routing and took the plunge and bought a machine.
    I am looking forward to digging deep in the forum and picking a few brains along the way.
    Cheers Billy

  2. #2
    AndyGuid's Avatar
    Lives in Pakenham, Melbourne, Australia. Last Activity: 27 Minutes Ago Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 158. Received thanks 30 times, giving thanks to others 224 times.
    Welcome to the forum Billy!
    .
    What Make/Model/Size/Type machine did you buy, and what do you intend to mainly use the machine for?
    .
    Andy

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyGuid View Post
    Welcome to the forum Billy!
    .
    What Make/Model/Size/Type machine did you buy, and what do you intend to mainly use the machine for?
    .
    Andy
    Hi Andy.
    This is what I have bought
    1230 x 755 mm cutting area.
    20mm high precision Hi-Win Profiled linear rails on all axis,
    20mm Dia 10mm pitch Ballscrew on Long axis.
    16mm Dia 10mm pitch on Gantry axis
    16mm Dia 5mm Pitch on Z axis.
    All Ball screws are mounted with Angular Contact BK bearing blocks.
    2.2Kw ER20 (1-13mm shank sizes) 24000Rpm Spindle with VFD and Water pump.
    4Nm Nema 23 Stepper motor on Long axis.
    3.1Nm Nema 23 Stepper motors on other Axis.
    4 axis csmio/ip-m Ethernet Motion controller with 24Vdc I/O System and Spindle speed Controller.
    Leadshine Digital AM882 drives with stall detect.
    Drives powered with Custom built 70Vdc Toroidal transformer.
    24Vdc latching E-stop safety system controlling all High voltage devices.Inductive Homing and Limit switches on all axis.All cables shielded and running inside protective energy chain or conduit. Twin fan cooled Electrical compartment.

  4. #4
    Welcome to the forum Andy
    This sounds like a nice high spec machine
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

  5. #5
    JAZZCNC's Avatar
    Lives in wakefield, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 6,314. Received thanks 1,040 times, giving thanks to others 46 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bopper1968 View Post
    Hi Andy.
    This is what I have bought
    1230 x 755 mm cutting area.
    20mm high precision Hi-Win Profiled linear rails on all axis,
    20mm Dia 10mm pitch Ballscrew on Long axis.
    16mm Dia 10mm pitch on Gantry axis
    16mm Dia 5mm Pitch on Z axis.
    All Ball screws are mounted with Angular Contact BK bearing blocks.
    2.2Kw ER20 (1-13mm shank sizes) 24000Rpm Spindle with VFD and Water pump.
    4Nm Nema 23 Stepper motor on Long axis.
    3.1Nm Nema 23 Stepper motors on other Axis.
    4 axis csmio/ip-m Ethernet Motion controller with 24Vdc I/O System and Spindle speed Controller.
    Leadshine Digital AM882 drives with stall detect.
    Drives powered with Custom built 70Vdc Toroidal transformer.
    24Vdc latching E-stop safety system controlling all High voltage devices.Inductive Homing and Limit switches on all axis.All cables shielded and running inside protective energy chain or conduit. Twin fan cooled Electrical compartment.
    That sounds like one of my machines.! How do I know that.? Because that listing is pretty much word perfect what I wrote.
    If it is then you have a good machine.

  6. #6
    AndyUK's Avatar
    Lives in Southampton, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Has been a member for 2-3 years. Has a total post count of 172. Received thanks 48 times, giving thanks to others 20 times.
    Welcome Billy

    Quote Originally Posted by Bopper1968 View Post
    Hi Andy.
    This is what I have bought
    1230 x 755 mm cutting area.
    20mm high precision Hi-Win Profiled linear rails on all axis,
    20mm Dia 10mm pitch Ballscrew on Long axis.
    16mm Dia 10mm pitch on Gantry axis
    16mm Dia 5mm Pitch on Z axis.
    All Ball screws are mounted with Angular Contact BK bearing blocks.
    2.2Kw ER20 (1-13mm shank sizes) 24000Rpm Spindle with VFD and Water pump.
    4Nm Nema 23 Stepper motor on Long axis.
    3.1Nm Nema 23 Stepper motors on other Axis.
    4 axis csmio/ip-m Ethernet Motion controller with 24Vdc I/O System and Spindle speed Controller.
    Leadshine Digital AM882 drives with stall detect.
    Drives powered with Custom built 70Vdc Toroidal transformer.
    24Vdc latching E-stop safety system controlling all High voltage devices.Inductive Homing and Limit switches on all axis.All cables shielded and running inside protective energy chain or conduit. Twin fan cooled Electrical compartment.
    Just like Jazz, with the exception of the IP-M, you've just described the machine I'm building in a nutshell. Down to the pitches and diameters of the ballscrews, and the motor sizes...

    Did someone from the forum build it or was it a commercial product?

    I'll be watching your progress with interest to see what my machine might be capable of when its ready!! ;)

  7. #7
    JAZZCNC's Avatar
    Lives in wakefield, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 6,314. Received thanks 1,040 times, giving thanks to others 46 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
    Did someone from the forum build it or was it a commercial product?
    Andy that's what I'm saying. Think it's a machine I built for someone else. . . .That's why I know it's a good machine if it is one of mine.

  8. #8
    AndyUK's Avatar
    Lives in Southampton, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Has been a member for 2-3 years. Has a total post count of 172. Received thanks 48 times, giving thanks to others 20 times.
    Aaah! :)

    Out of interest, where does one find a JazzCNC machine for sale? I quite often see people looking for solid custom machine recommendations and it would be nice to send people your direction.

  9. #9
    That's what I thought as well Dean
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

  10. #10
    JAZZCNC's Avatar
    Lives in wakefield, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 15 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 8-9 years. Has a total post count of 6,314. Received thanks 1,040 times, giving thanks to others 46 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
    Aaah! :)

    Out of interest, where does one find a JazzCNC machine for sale? I quite often see people looking for solid custom machine recommendations and it would be nice to send people your direction.
    I can proudly say that you don't often see my machines for sale second hand.
    I only build to order and each machine tends to be custom to users' requirements and/or budgets. Thou I do have several standard design types IE: Desktop, free-standing, Vertical etc which are a base point.
    I also try to keep to tried and tested Electronics and under no circumstances will I cut corners in this area. It's simply not worth the trouble and I'll turn the job down before do that.

    If anyone wants to find me they can get in touch thru PM and I'll contact them.

    Here's a sneak preview of what I'm working on at the minute.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191019_153205.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	180.6 KB 
ID:	26651

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. NEW MEMBER: Hi folks
    By HiBob in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 27-01-2019, 11:48 AM
  2. NEW MEMBER: Hi Folks form Dorset
    By PatK in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-09-2011, 09:53 PM
  3. NEW MEMBER: Afternoon folks....
    By Cibbersicks in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-07-2011, 02:32 PM
  4. NEW MEMBER: Hey Folks
    By Rab k in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 19-06-2009, 01:13 PM
  5. NEW MEMBER: hello folks
    By enrique in forum New Member Introductions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 11:07 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •