. .

Thread: Newbie here

Lives in Adelaide, Australia. Last Activity: 25-10-2019 Has been a member for 2-3 years. Has a total post count of 3.
    Hi ladies and gents
    G'Day from Australia
    Im relatively new to CNC so just having a bit of a look around and seeing what info i can get from the wealth of knowledge that im sure this forum is.
    So if i come up asking stupid questions, please be gentle.

cheers
    Mark

G'Day Mark and Welcome to the forum!
    There's a few of us on here downunder, but it looks like the system has selected your country as Afghanistan. You can correct this yourself by clicking towards the top right of the screen on MyProfile > About Me > change the country > Save, or something like that.
    Are you a career machinist who wants to get more into the CNC side of things, or are you a hobbyist and do you have a particular type of machine in mind, and for what purpose? Or are you just a geek like me with an interest in things mechanical?
    Cheers,
    Andy

Lives in Adelaide, Australia. Last Activity: 25-10-2019 Has been a member for 2-3 years. Has a total post count of 3.
    Hi Andy
    fixed on the location
    Im a hobbyist that loves all things mechanical too
    not quite at the stage to build my own yet but its certainly on the wishlist i currently have access to a CNC router at a maker space that i go to.
    so currently learning the design aspect of things and how to then transfer interpret that design into an object. currently playing around with the 4th axis which brings a whole heap of new adventures

cheers Mark

Thread Information