. .

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi all,

I'm getting close to having a functioning CSMIO/IP-M controller working from Mach4 retro-fitted onto my CNC router, but have hit a bit of a blocker.

I have 3 axis wired up using PM752 drivers (yes I know they are getting long in the tooth now and I should probably upgrade to digital versions ;) ) and as directed by the Datasheet for the drivers, I have 2K resistors wired into the circuits for the DIR- and PUL-....so that seems to be correct.

I have the high voltage side also wired up from the transformer and to the steppers using the same wiring I had on the previous controller, so all should be good there also. The drivers have their green LEDs lit indicating all is good on that front.

The difference is that I can't see if or how I would wire up the Enable signals from the CSMIO/IP-M and I seem to recall these are not always used, so have left them not wired and essentially open/unconnected, which also seems to agree with the datasheet. Quote "Enable signal: This signal is used for enabling/disabling the driver. High level (NPN control signal, PNP and Differential control signals are on the contrary, namely Low level for enabling.) for enabling the driver and low level for disabling the driver. Usually left UNCONNECTED (ENABLED)".

I've also got the axis mapping and the same tuning parameters I had in Mach3 plugged into Mach4 (including steps per unit to match the microsteps on the drivers. I've also got the latest firmware uploaded to the controller and the e-stop and probe inputs are functioning correctly.

However. I cannot get the machine to move using the MDI commands, even though the DROs in Mach4 look like they are i.e. they count up and down according to the MDI commands. I do notice however that the indicator lights next to each axis DROs are red and would have thought they should be green?

Any ideas would be most gratefully accepted, as I'm sure its something fairly simple like "you fool, the driver will never function with the Enable wired up and they should go on pins x and y on the CSMIO/IP-M", or I have completely misread the CS-Labs manual and haven't got the Dir/Pul circuits wired up correctly (currently there's a wire going from Dir+ to PM752 and then another to R(2K) to Dir- and another going from Pul+ to PM752 and another going to R(2K) to Pul-).

I've also attached the PM752 datasheet for info.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information