. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    I used DWH Diamant stuff to glue Thor's 2 concrete bits together. Its expensive but it works.

Hi Chaz
    Thanks that looks just the ticket. I don't mind spending a few bob more on some glue, the machine has cost enough as it is. I just hope the builders leave me a couple of blocks !!

cheers

Andrew

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by the great waldo View Post
    Hi Chaz
    Thanks that looks just the ticket. I don't mind spending a few bob more on some glue, the machine has cost enough as it is. I just hope the builders leave me a couple of blocks !!

cheers

Andrew
    Its more than a few bob but in my view worth it.

It currently holds two 1 ton blocks together on my mill without any other form of connection. Its used extensively in the industry for this and similar purposes.

How much would you need? I still have some but not sure if its still OK but worth a try if you can use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Its more than a few bob but in my view worth it.

It currently holds two 1 ton blocks together on my mill without any other form of connection. Its used extensively in the industry for this and similar purposes.

How much would you need? I still have some but not sure if its still OK but worth a try if you can use it.
    Hi Chaz

Thats very kind of you. the blocks are 100 x 80 cm so I would be gluing those faces together and would like to fix the 2 ali extrusions 8.5 cm x 100cm. I,m in Austria but would be quite happy to pay for any costs to you. I'll check out how much it is over here and let you know.

cheers
    Andrew

Hi Chaz

Thats very kind of you. the blocks are 100 x 80 cm so I would be gluing those faces together and would like to fix the 2 ali extrusions 8.5 cm x 100cm. I,m in Austria but would be quite happy to pay for any costs to you. I'll check out how much it is over here and let you know.

cheers
    Andrew
    Ok pity not closer but do find out what the costs would be locally.

Hi Chaz.
    I see what you mean about more than a few bob. What's the stuff like to work with. Ie, araldite consistency or runny and is there anyway to figure out how much one needs? I'm at work at the moment but will checkout if I can get some locally. Just out of interest how much do you have left and has it gone far over it's shelf life (the shelf life ratings on epoxys is usually conservative while polyester goes rotten real quick)
    Cheers.
    Andrew

Hi Chaz.
    I see what you mean about more than a few bob. What's the stuff like to work with. Ie, araldite consistency or runny and is there anyway to figure out how much one needs? I'm at work at the moment but will checkout if I can get some locally. Just out of interest how much do you have left and has it gone far over it's shelf life (the shelf life ratings on epoxys is usually conservative while polyester goes rotten real quick)
    Cheers.
    Andrew
    You can get it in a putty form and also then a liquid. I used both.

Mine is fairly old, its gone hard but we found before that boiling it in its container softens it up and allows it to be used. That said, its been here for over 2 years. If we can get some of it to you for cheap, its worth trying.

Hi Chaz

let me know how much you want for it including postage (that might be ridiculous with parcel force) I'll pm you my address.
    cheers
    Andrew

I would not sweat epoxying it. After all it's not a bridge. Read about the Lin Cove Viaduct. https://www.nps.gov/blri/learn/histo...ve-viaduct.htm Epoxied together.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information