. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Ive got two. Ecogogo, love them. Speak to John Pei, he can provide a quote.

[email protected]

ShenZhen ECOGOO Electrical Co.,Ltd

Phone: 86-139-24624957

Tel: 075528485003

http://www.ecogoo.com.cn

Address: 7F Bldg #E, North Area No. 8

Shangxue Technology Industrial city,

Shenzhen,China
    Cheers, Chaz, will see what he can do price wise.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    From memory they were around $400 ish. But cant find an invoice from before.

From memory they were around $400 ish. But cant find an invoice from before.
    $219 all in for 4kw 220 to 380v, but I guess I will have to pay duty, VAT etc. on that when it lands.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    $219 all in for 4kw 220 to 380v, but I guess I will have to pay duty, VAT etc. on that when it lands.
    Sounds cheap. You sure its the same unit and from Richard? You may or may not be caught for duty.

Sounds cheap. You sure its the same unit and from Richard? You may or may not be caught for duty.
    Quote came direct from John Pei. including shipping. Pretty much exactly the same as other ebay and ali express sellers. If this guy has a good rep, then seems like a good deal.

Just need him to mark it up as a gift!

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Quote came direct from John Pei. including shipping. Pretty much exactly the same as other ebay and ali express sellers. If this guy has a good rep, then seems like a good deal.

Just need him to mark it up as a gift!
    Awesome.

Ive bought 2 already - they are good. Ive got a copy of the manual if you need it, John can also supply.

I almost cooked my spindle with one, make sure you check all parameters before trying to run anything.

I run a lathe with 3HP motor off a VFD with voltage-doubler input. It's a bit of a bodge put together some years ago by a company now out of business. The nice bit is an ABB inverter originally designed for 415V/3P in and out. The third party replaced the input 3-phase bridge with a voltage doubler running off 240V/1P in. It works fine, except towards the upper end of its load capacity. My lathe has a mechanical variable-speed arrangement so I leave the VFD on 50Hz but as the VFD load increases with increasing lathe speed, somewhere north of 2K RPM the DC bus ripple voltage trips the fault-detection circuitry and the thing shuts down with an "input phase error" message (or similar - haven't seen it for a while as I tend to keep the speed down). I'm assuming that the bus capacitors are being, in effect, charged at 25Hz and the voltage sag between input pulses becomes too great.

I have looked longingly at these Ecogoo devices, and I wonder if they actually use a switching voltage boost on the input rather than a simple passive doubler. Also wondered about just putting a chunky transformer plus bridge rectifier in front of my existing VFD but haven't stumbled across anything cheap enough to play with yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Neale View Post
    I run a lathe with 3HP motor off a VFD with voltage-doubler input. It's a bit of a bodge put together some years ago by a company now out of business. The nice bit is an ABB inverter originally designed for 415V/3P in and out. The third party replaced the input 3-phase bridge with a voltage doubler running off 240V/1P in. It works fine, except towards the upper end of its load capacity. My lathe has a mechanical variable-speed arrangement so I leave the VFD on 50Hz but as the VFD load increases with increasing lathe speed, somewhere north of 2K RPM the DC bus ripple voltage trips the fault-detection circuitry and the thing shuts down with an "input phase error" message (or similar - haven't seen it for a while as I tend to keep the speed down). I'm assuming that the bus capacitors are being, in effect, charged at 25Hz and the voltage sag between input pulses becomes too great.

I have looked longingly at these Ecogoo devices, and I wonder if they actually use a switching voltage boost on the input rather than a simple passive doubler. Also wondered about just putting a chunky transformer plus bridge rectifier in front of my existing VFD but haven't stumbled across anything cheap enough to play with yet.
    Ive got 2 at home. One is powering my surface grinder which is not being used at the moment. If you wanted to take a look at the VFD (non destructive of course, let me know).

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 4 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Neale, Drives Direct are more than willing to provide you with such a setup new, at fantastically wallet emptying prices.

I have looked at building something, but I've never been able to find what VFDs are suitable for online/load switching.

non destructive of course
    There's no fun in that! Name:  electrician-smiley-emoticon.gif
Views: 681
Size:  30.2 KB
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Neale, Drives Direct are more than willing to provide you with such a setup new, at fantastically wallet emptying prices.

I have looked at building something, but I've never been able to find what VFDs are suitable for online/load switching.

There's no fun in that! Name:  electrician-smiley-emoticon.gif
Views: 681
Size:  30.2 KB
    I spoke to Direct Drives. Pricy and when you mention CNC they say 'no sure if that load would work'. So clearly too risk / pricy to experiment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information