. .
    Lives in doncaster, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-08-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 53.
    I have a 1.5kw 220v 400hz spindle fitted on my machine.
    All the feeds and speeds for the 1mm aluminium carbide bits are coming in at 50000rpm and up.
    Would I need a new vfd as the 60000rpm units seem to be 1,5kw

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Responded here to your other thread. Please dont open multiple threads to ask the same question.

http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/13189...h-sub-4mm-bits

To get 60K RPM you need 2 things.

A spindle that can run at that speed.

A VFD that can run at the frequency needed for 60K.

Both are fairly expensive items.

I have a Sunfar VFD that goes to 1000Hz, as my spindle is a 4 pole thing & hence needs 2x the normal frequency. It was a bit more expensive ($140 IIRC), but not outrageous.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voicecoil View Post
    I have a Sunfar VFD that goes to 1000Hz, as my spindle is a 4 pole thing & hence needs 2x the normal frequency. It was a bit more expensive ($140 IIRC), but not outrageous.
    That's not too bad. The spindle will be the pricy item.

Lives in doncaster, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 05-08-2023 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 53.
    unless i am looking at the wrong thing i can get a vfd and spindle for around £450 which i do not think is out of the park

Quote Originally Posted by kell View Post
    unless i am looking at the wrong thing i can get a vfd and spindle for around £450 which i do not think is out of the park
    Fair enough. Can you link what you are looking at?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Chaz For This Useful Post:

BTW, Jian-Ken who I got my spindle from, make a number of high speed models - and if initial tests with mine are anything to go by they're a notch above a lot of Chinese product. Time will tell of course how deep the quality goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Voicecoil View Post
    BTW, Jian-Ken who I got my spindle from, make a number of high speed models - and if initial tests with mine are anything to go by they're a notch above a lot of Chinese product. Time will tell of course how deep the quality goes!
    What do they cost?

Mine was about £325 landed - but it was a rather different beast to the subject of the thread, a 4 pole constant power 24K thing. Suggest you email them for a price: [email protected], the lass I dealt with was called Wafer (!). For a 1.5KW 60K spindle I think the part number is JGD80/1.5R60.

Thread Information