. .
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chillybo View Post
    Attachment 26867 Thanks Jazz and Neal. Should it be like this then?
    Yes that's correct.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

So I have wired the proximity switch as per my diagram and it seems to be working as an E stop rather than a home switch. Its very confusing. Although its an NC proximity switch it seems to be working the opposite way round. When no metal is near the sensor the light on the back of it is on and the message external E stop requested appears and I can not reset Mach 3. If metal is placed near the proximity sensor the light goes off and I am able to select reset and I can jog. As soon as I remove the metal object the steppers stop and the reset button is activated again.
    To my mind its as if its set up as an E stop and its acting as a normally open switch. Confused.com
    Anyone have any ideas?

Despite all of this when I go into diagnostics the proximity switch is identified as a home switch as per video

Quote Originally Posted by chillybo View Post
    So I have wired the proximity switch as per my diagram and it seems to be working as an E stop rather than a home switch. Its very confusing. Although its an NC proximity switch it seems to be working the opposite way round. When no metal is near the sensor the light on the back of it is on and the message external E stop requested appears and I can not reset Mach 3. If metal is placed near the proximity sensor the light goes off and I am able to select reset and I can jog. As soon as I remove the metal object the steppers stop and the reset button is activated again.
    To my mind its as if its set up as an E stop and its acting as a normally open switch. Confused.com
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Switch the active Lo and it will work correctly. Why it's throwing e-stop I'm not sure, the only reason I can think of is that the E-stop input# is set to same as Limit input #.
    The light is on because it's NC and should go out when tripped.

I managed to get it working and its acting like a home switch now. Jazz I think your right about it having something to do with the E stop input. When I scrolled down and looked at the E-stop port it was not set to port 10. I set the E stop to port 10 (because I'm only experimenting with the electrics and Mach to find out how things work there is no physical E stop). Anyhows if i jog forward and then press home the stepper reverses and when I put a screwdriver near it it stops and rotates the opposite direction briefly. So thats me gaining an understanding of this part of things thanks of everyones advice on here.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by chillybo; 15-12-2019 at 12:49 AM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvlpkAbFUgY

I think its time to ask Santa for a control cabinet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Proximity sensor mount.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	26925

I 3d printed a mount.

Thanks again for all the advice.

You may wish to revise the end-on approach, the first time you jog into and crush a switch. Don't ask me how I know. They work just as well when the profile just glides in from the side.

Rob-T

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cropwell For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    You may wish to revise the end-on approach, the first time you jog into and crush a switch. Don't ask me how I know. They work just as well when the profile just glides in from the side.

Rob-T
    + one
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Hmm, I could mount it sideways on. Im planning on using it as one of the home switches and just using mechanical switches for the limits that I would mount on the other side.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information