. .
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Barron View Post
    I think the main thing would be to blue the shaft to check the angles on the shaft and pulley are the same (assuming the pulley is tapered).
    I already checked this before ordering and the pulley isn't tapered, neither is the shaft.
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

I am in the process of buying a controller similar to the on you have purchased, but mine will be for a lathe and use stepper drives.
    When i asked Eileen about panel c with the MPG she said it could not be used at the same time as the hand MPG. I tried to rephrase it but got the same reply.
    Did you confirm that there was some way the hand MPG option could be used? Is it possible to buy a machine cabinet socket to connect to the panel, and plug the mpg into that socket?
    Thanks
    Colin

I am in the process of buying a controller similar to the on you have purchased, but mine will be for a lathe and use stepper drives.
    When i asked Eileen about panel c with the MPG she said it could not be used at the same time as the hand MPG. I tried to rephrase it but got the same reply.
    Did you confirm that there was some way the hand MPG option could be used? Is it possible to buy a machine cabinet socket to connect to the panel, and plug the mpg into that socket?
    Thanks
    Colin
    Hi Colin,

My Manual says it can use Both at the same time but I've not tried it yet and it may be different for Lathe.? I've just set the controller up on the bench and I'll be posting a vid soon and then will post more as I get time.
    I'll try to find time to plug the pendant and test it for you.

Regards the Mains Voltage on the Front panel you mentioned in your PM (sorry i forgot to reply) there isn't any mains voltage on the panel other than the 24V psu. The Start/stop buttons are not connected to anything and I will using these to control contactors etc with 24Vdc so No mains voltage will be on the panel.

Just a quick update Vid of it on the bench for testing. If people are interested I'll post more Vids.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Hi Colin,

My Manual says it can use Both at the same time but I've not tried it yet and it may be different for Lathe.? I've just set the controller up on the bench and I'll be posting a vid soon and then will post more as I get time.
    I'll try to find time to plug the pendant and test it for you.

Regards the Mains Voltage on the Front panel you mentioned in your PM (sorry i forgot to reply) there isn't any mains voltage on the panel other than the 24V psu. The Start/stop buttons are not connected to anything and I will using these to control contactors etc with 24Vdc so No mains voltage will be on the panel.
    Hi, i should have realised that the panel is 24v, he must have been referring to other machine buttons. I asked the question again about the MPG and as you say it can be used. Very interesting setup video.
    Thanks
    Colin

Hi, i should have realised that the panel is 24v, he must have been referring to other machine buttons.
    I think Hood was talking about how the Chinese show to wire it in the manual.?

Another video that will make you laugh at my Stupidity...

In fairness, the position of the ESC/ENT keys is a HMI disaster (and lack of secondary confirmation) - blame the designer (and the beer!)

Funny, I managed to erase some of the original files on my Newker controller. I think they were just example files but I was confused by the strong Chinglish. I now have backups of the settings.

My docs didn't specify the password, which was NEWNEW and KERKER for the Newker controller. Took a while to find that out.

I'd like to be able to use the pendent MPG with the control panel. Currently it's one or the other on mine, so looking forward to seeing how you do that, as there are strong similarities amongst the various Chinesium controllers. The manual is unfathomable on that.

Good to get a whole day's 1-1 workshop with one of their guys. I could have done with that. Definitely a recommendation for SZGH!

You can't get Youtube in China, so they won't know / see what you are posting. But it seems they are doing a great job supporting you.

How are you getting on?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information