. .
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johngoodrich View Post
    Jazz ignore him. you give your opinions with honesty and give so many people on here the help they need from experience of these types of machines. you are definitely in my top people on this forum and I don't think people want you to leave.
    Thanks, John but there's a limit to how many times you can be attacked on a personal level and I've just about had enough. I don't need this Crap, esp from people who I've gone out of my way to help in the past. If that's how it truly is then why the hell should I carry on devoting my time and energy passing on my experience to people who just turn around and insult you. . . Don't need this Shit.!

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Thanks, John but there's a limit to how many times you can be attacked on a personal level and I've just about had enough. I don't need this Crap, esp from people who I've gone out of my way to help in the past. If that's how it truly is then why the hell should I carry on devoting my time and energy passing on my experience to people who just turn around and insult you. . . Don't need this Shit.!
    Jazz, two things.

1. You left the forum before as people seemed to struggle to get along with you. This feels like Deja Vu.

2. Why don't you tell everyone the full story behind the help you gave me?

Otherwise, let's just leave it at that. You do your thing, I'll do mine and I wont interfere with your thread(s) again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz View Post
    Jazz, two things.

1. You left the forum before as people seemed to struggle to get along with you. This feels like Deja Vu.
    Chaz gets your fact straight. I never left the forum, circumstances in my life which I won't get into with you, made it so had a long absence. So if you took that or read more into it then that's your problem.

2. Why don't you tell everyone the full story behind the help you gave me?
    Don't try to make this sound more sinister than it is, and if I'm honest I can't remember why I helped you, all I know is I did when I didn't really need to. More fool me.!

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Chaz gets your fact straight. I never left the forum, circumstances in my life which I won't get into with you, made it so had a long absence. So if you took that or read more into it then that's your problem.

Don't try to make this sound more sinister than it is, and if I'm honest I can't remember why I helped you, all I know is I did when I didn't really need to. More fool me.!
    Ill remind you.

Connect the 0-10V output from the CS Labs unit to the Sprint DC control board.

I took the repair cost on the chin, you helped me with information previous to this and after too and made some plates for my Triac. I still have those plates despite having sold the machine as they remind of me the fine work you do.

Ill remind you.

Connect the 0-10V output from the CS Labs unit to the Sprint DC control board.
    Yes, that was an unfortunate set of regrettable circumstances.
    #1 The manual stated the outputs where isolated but didn't mention the Analog outputs where not. Even Gary at Zapp who sold you the controller was unaware of this. They have since changed that.
    #2 I'd just retrofitted a Denford machine with a sprint controller using the IP-M which used the same Analog output without any issues, so I'd no reason to doubt yours wouldn't.
    #3 You contacted me in the middle of a busy day and I replied without looking further and checking which sprint controller you had.! This I regretted deeply and made me feel like shit when finding out what happened, so much so I contacted Gary to see what could be done, I even offered up the Controller I had just purchased to get you going and was willing to take your old controller after it had been repaired.

I took the repair cost on the chin, you helped me with information previous to this and after too and made some plates for my Triac. I still have those plates despite having sold the machine as they remind of me the fine work you do.
    I don't recall the plates but if they were not suitable or as expected all you had to do was say something and I would remake new ones or if that wasn't good enough and I charged you, which knowing me I probably didn't, would have gladly refunded. (I still will refund if that was the case)

Now to be honest I'm stunned how insulting and vitriolic someone could be towards me after I've only ever gone out of my way to help them and countless others, all because I didn't find there attempt at a joke to be funny and showed my dislike.!

I'm done now. Good luck with all that you do.

Yes, that was an unfortunate set of regrettable circumstances.
    #1 The manual stated the outputs where isolated but didn't mention the Analog outputs where not. Even Gary at Zapp who sold you the controller was unaware of this. They have since changed that.
    #2 I'd just retrofitted a Denford machine with a sprint controller using the IP-M which used the same Analog output without any issues, so I'd no reason to doubt yours wouldn't.
    #3 You contacted me in the middle of a busy day and I replied without looking further and checking which sprint controller you had.! This I regretted deeply and made me feel like shit when finding out what happened, so much so I contacted Gary to see what could be done, I even offered up the Controller I had just purchased to get you going and was willing to take your old controller after it had been repaired.

I don't recall the plates but if they were not suitable or as expected all you had to do was say something and I would remake new ones or if that wasn't good enough and I charged you, which knowing me I probably didn't, would have gladly refunded. (I still will refund if that was the case)

Now to be honest I'm stunned how insulting and vitriolic someone could be towards me after I've only ever gone out of my way to help them and countless others, all because I didn't find there attempt at a joke to be funny and showed my dislike.!

I'm done now. Good luck with all that you do.
    Indeed, the failure was regrettable. My point is, I continued to be a supporter of yours even through an issue like this that was not cheap to fix. I referred people to you, I suggested you when people asked me who they should speak to and on the forum I would often say 'Listen to Jazz, he knows his stuff'.

The plates were good. Its a compliment. The reason why I didnt use them in the end was due to an issue where I gave you the wrong measurements. The machining is impeccable on them.

The reason I 'triggered' was your response to me having some banter with you about the price. It was and remains a tongue in cheek comment. Your response wasnt what I expected and felt like a kick in the nuts.

And like you. I'm done too.

Thank you.

Ok well bit of an update and a little twist in the plan.!!

Looking good Dean
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clive S For This Useful Post:

Some pics of the destruction.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200420_132248.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	923.6 KB 
ID:	27920 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200420_140144.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	717.0 KB 
ID:	27921 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200420_131645.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	752.7 KB 
ID:	27919 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200420_140153.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	27922

Name:	20200420_125733.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	915.9 KB 
ID:	27918 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200420_104237.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	729.9 KB 
ID:	27923 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200420_103424.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	144.2 KB 
ID:	27926

Name:	20200420_103438.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	169.2 KB 
ID:	27925 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200420_104212.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	131.3 KB 
ID:	27924 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200420_102620.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	648.1 KB 
ID:	27927

11. Dean - you mention running this off single-phase. What kind of spindle motor would that be? It looks like a big, heavy machine so 4KW or so spindle motor? Just curious - no way would it fit my workshop! Interesting to watch the design/component choice/build proces - thanks for letting us watch the thought processes!

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information