. .
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzzer View Post
    I'll be interested to see how this works out. In the meantime, I've taken a look at the 1000MDC manual and it is recognisable in general format but does at least look a bit more readable than what I was up against with the 990. However, there will still be some learning to be done while you get your head around how it is organised and what some of the Chinglish words actually mean. It's good to know you have a responsive team at SZGH - hopefully extending beyond the pre-sale period. This should be a fine machine when it's done!
    Yes I've done a lot of researching and looking around at these and all the other controllers and all the feed back relating to SZGH was mostly positive. The manual I have here is probably the best Chinese manual I've seen, I've been dealing with the Chinese a long time so I'm very fluent in Chinglish and to be fair I've got an ABB VFD manual here that is harder to read than this, mostly because it's overly technical.!! . . .There's nothing in it I don't understand in principle then I'm hoping it's just a case of feeling my way around the controller learning what's what.!

Regards the Service then it's out standing so far. Just today they set up a direct What's App link with the engineer who is setting up and dealing with the whole project.
    He's asking me about the ATC so that is all setup and it will just be a case of tweaking timings, position parameters etc and now I've thrown the rotary 4Th axis in to the mix as well he'll be setting that up as well.
    None of this was any trouble He's offering good advise regards the Servo spindle, asking for pictures of the machine to get a feel for the conversion etc.
    I asked for the Key way to made to match the existing pully which to be fair I thought was a little skinny at 6.35mm(1/4") given the power and he's suggested unprompted not to do that because this new spindle is more powerful with higher speed so go with standard 10mm key way and I agree.

From my dealings so far I don't think they will ignore any questions regards after sale and while I fully expect to have reasonably large learning curve and possibly the odd head bashing session I'm quite happy and reassured so far that it will work out ok... Time will tell.??
    -use common sense, if you lack it, there is no software to help that.

Email: [email protected]

Web site: www.jazzcnc.co.uk

Another small update: After further investigation of the 4th axis it seems I can remove the DC motor and replace with an absolute AC Servo to match the others, only 750W instead of 1.5Kw.

The old motor was a round flange type and the new ones are square but it's simply case of drilling a few more holes and tapping into to the existing plate. There is a seal on the plate that motor shaft goes thru and the pinion gear clamps onto the shaft using a collet type system. SZGH are making the shaft to fit the seal and pinion.

So when done it will back to all it's glory using the factory fitted 4th axis slimmed down with a nice shiny new controller, some extra grunt in the motors and spindle.!!! . . . . Well that's the dream anyway so lets see what reality delivers...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200521_135709.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	168.3 KB 
ID:	28201

Name:	20200521_134914.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	213.7 KB 
ID:	28202

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Another small update: After further investigation of the 4th axis it seems I can remove the DC motor and replace with an absolute AC Servo to match the others, only 750W instead of 1.5Kw.

The old motor was a round flange type and the new ones are square but it's simply case of drilling a few more holes and tapping into to the existing plate. There is a seal on the plate that motor shaft goes thru and the pinion gear clamps onto the shaft using a collet type system. SZGH are making the shaft to fit the seal and pinion.

So when done it will back to all it's glory using the factory fitted 4th axis slimmed down with a nice shiny new controller, some extra grunt in the motors and spindle.!!! . . . . Well that's the dream anyway so lets see what reality delivers...

Name:	20200521_135709.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	168.3 KB 
ID:	28201

Name:	20200521_134914.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	213.7 KB 
ID:	28202
    Hi, did you look at the GSK controllers that are more expensive but appear to be the make that is copied by the rest of the market? It is comforting to hear SZGH are helpful.
    Last edited by Colin Barron; 07-06-2020 at 10:25 AM. Reason: add to post

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Barron View Post
    Hi, did you look at the GSK controllers that are more expensive but appear to be the make that is copied by the rest of the market? It is comforting to hear SZGH are helpful.
    Yes Colin I did. I've looked at all the main controllers from China and Taiwan and just for fun n giggles some of the well-known brands like Siemens.

I contacted GSK directly asking questions and requesting manuals also a quote or the name of a supplier but didn't get a reply. So contacted a third party supplier who gave me a quote that was 3x the price of SZGH, couldn't answer my questions and sent me the manual for Lathe controller.!. . .

SZGH has been fantastic so far. Virtually instant reply's (within their working hours) both with Girl who is supervising the order and the engineer. Should see it go out the door this week so hopefully not that long before lands at my door..

Any sign of new toys from China?

It's shipping tomorrow hopefully, the Spindle motor and one of the servos was a special build so that's why been a delay.

Here you go Colin told you it was shipping last Monday but was actually a Tuesday when it left and arrived yesterday. Shenzen, China to Goole, England in 6 days not bad hey.!!
    SZGH have been and still are being nothing but helpful so far cannot fault them in any way. The quality of the components is just as expected and better in some cases with nothing that leaves me feeling in any way disappointed.

Name:	20200706_093414.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	258.2 KB 
ID:	28552

Did a video showing what's come, not exactly an unboxing video more just checking out what's arrived.

Wow that's looking good. Tantalising for you!

Christmas has come early.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Yes I've done a lot of researching and looking around at these and all the other controllers and all the feed back relating to SZGH was mostly positive. The manual I have here is probably the best Chinese manual I've seen, I've been dealing with the Chinese a long time so I'm very fluent in Chinglish and to be fair I've got an ABB VFD manual here that is harder to read than this, mostly because it's overly technical.!! . . .There's nothing in it I don't understand in principle then I'm hoping it's just a case of feeling my way around the controller learning what's what.!

Regards the Service then it's out standing so far. Just today they set up a direct What's App link with the engineer who is setting up and dealing with the whole project.
    He's asking me about the ATC so that is all setup and it will just be a case of tweaking timings, position parameters etc and now I've thrown the rotary 4Th axis in to the mix as well he'll be setting that up as well.
    None of this was any trouble He's offering good advise regards the Servo spindle, asking for pictures of the machine to get a feel for the conversion etc.
    I asked for the Key way to made to match the existing pully which to be fair I thought was a little skinny at 6.35mm(1/4") given the power and he's suggested unprompted not to do that because this new spindle is more powerful with higher speed so go with standard 10mm key way and I agree.

From my dealings so far I don't think they will ignore any questions regards after sale and while I fully expect to have reasonably large learning curve and possibly the odd head bashing session I'm quite happy and reassured so far that it will work out ok... Time will tell.??
    I think the main thing would be to blue the shaft to check the angles on the shaft and pulley are the same (assuming the pulley is tapered). SZGH are keen for business as you say, usually same or next day for information or quotes.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread Information