. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    However, it's also an additional point of failure. If you put too much pressure on the terminals, it can cause the contacts to open up. I had an intermittent issue with a bank of inputs on a Konnect IO expansion board, and it turned out I'd put to much pressure on the common wire during installation, which had caused the contacts to open up and be intermittent.

Direct screw terminals vs pluggable connectors is a perennial debate, but there are pros and cons to both.
    I had the same thing happen to me. Took me 3 days to find the fault.! 10 x 5 router was built and finished and on test, it had been cutting air for 5 hours then it E-stoped. Happened at the same point in code every time.? Turned out to be a connection on the gantry that opened up due to wire pressure and because the Cslabs controller is so sensitive it picked up the loose connection at that exact resonant frequency. Pulled my last follicle of hair out and Virtually re-wired the whole machine.!!

I only use Direct screw terminals now.!

Ok well, it's decided I'm going with the Newker New18Mi Bus type Controller with 2Kw absolute Motors and drives.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	newker control.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	235.5 KB 
ID:	27382

It's a bit of an unknown using this controller and the Bus type controller but I've read the manual cover to cover a good few times and Newker has been helpful answering my questions quickly with good explanations of few things I wasn't sure about. So decided to give them a shot and the price is excellent, which I won't disclose as I promised them I wouldn't because they have done me a bit of a deal so please don't ask.

If it performs as I hope then it should make for a very nice addition to the machine increasing performance and reliability.

Watch this space.!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    the price is excellent, which I won't disclose as I promised them I wouldn't because they have done me a bit of a deal so please don't ask.!
    You could at least tell us what List Price is.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    You could at least tell us what List Price is.
    Drop them a line if you want to know anything. I promised I wouldn't mention pricing and I'm a man of my word so stop asking, please.

http://newker-cnc.com/index.php?m=co...=165&l=3&id=90

Drop them a line if you want to know anything. I promised I wouldn't mention pricing and I'm a man of my word so stop asking, please.

http://newker-cnc.com/index.php?m=co...=165&l=3&id=90
    No problem, I won't ask again, I never even ask companies with Secret Pricing Policies, it invariably means they assess each customer as to how far their leg can be lifted on a case by case basis.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 6 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,605. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    No problem, I won't ask again, I never even ask companies with Secret Pricing Policies, it invariably means they assess each customer as to how far their leg can be lifted on a case by case basis.
    I have a similar view. I'm happy to know what list price is, if anyone knows. I dont need to know what discount was got for the demo / promo.

It's not so much secret pricing as the fact I was asked not to share the quote because it wasn't a normal situation, which I didn't and I won't.

My reply regards list price was also based on the fact I explicitly stated please don't ask the price and gave the reason why. Yet you and Chaz didn't have the decency to respect this and still pushed for a price, so if you want it so bad then go find it your bloody selves.!

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 6 Hours Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,605. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    It's not so much secret pricing as the fact I was asked not to share the quote because it wasn't a normal situation, which I didn't and I won't.

My reply regards list price was also based on the fact I explicitly stated please don't ask the price and gave the reason why. Yet you and Chaz didn't have the decency to respect this and still pushed for a price, so if you want it so bad then go find it your bloody selves.!
    I didnt push for a price. I asked, tongue in cheek, knowing you said you wouldnt share and not to ask, that part was a joke.

My point is that like Magicniner, I dont do 'POA', I dont like it and I'm not going to do the work to find the price if its not listed easily to see.

Thread Information