. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lives in Australind, Australia. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 72. Received thanks 4 times, giving thanks to others 5 times.
    Hi Guys,
    Steve here from WA.
    I have owned a Chinese 6040 for a few years now and have really enjoyed improving and using it for various small projects.
    I have a electrical/ instrument background and enjoy learning new skills and saving money by doing myself.
    Have been a member of cnczone for a few years and suddenly realised I am probably missing out on another 'cnc world' here, so I thought I'd join.
    Look forward to helping where I can and getting different perspectives from other here.

Steve

Hi Steve
    Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum Steve.

Lives in Australind, Australia. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 72. Received thanks 4 times, giving thanks to others 5 times.
    Thanks Guys.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Lovely to see anothe WA member on the forum, welcome! I'm in Exmouth so we're probably not going to pop into the same pub for a beer and a chat anytime soon. I have an electronics background as well, mostly in wireless telegraphy.

Kit

P.S. For our pommie readers, Australind and Exmouth are as far apart by road as Lands End and John 'o' Groats. Though, to be fair, there are fewer sets of traffic lights.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    Lovely to see anothe WA member on the forum, welcome! I'm in Exmouth so we're probably not going to pop into the same pub for a beer and a chat anytime soon. I have an electronics background as well, mostly in wireless telegraphy.

Kit

P.S. For our pommie readers, Australind and Exmouth are as far apart by road as Lands End and John 'o' Groats. Though, to be fair, there are fewer sets of traffic lights.
    Thanks Kit!
    Yes, a beer is a bit of a stretch.....Actually, my step son spent Xmas in Exmouth but is probably on his way home now.

Look forward to interacting, as it were...lol

Steve

Steve,
    I suspect your step son will be glad to be heading south again. We've had daily highs up to 48 here and the overnight low has been up to 30 over the holiday. I hope he stayed in a nice air-conditioned hotel and not a tent! I'm retiring to Tasmania in a few years and very much looking forward to it!

Kit
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Lives in Southampton, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 469. Received thanks 100 times, giving thanks to others 43 times. Referred 1 members to the community.
    I'm retiring to Tasmania in a few years and very much looking forward to it!
    Currently travelling home from my first visit down under, spent just over a week in Tassie and I'm very envious! Definitely more my style of temperature there... Wasn't particularly fond of the 40 degree days we've had in NSW VIC and SA over the last month... Not to mention diverting around various disasters... Amazing country you're living in there sir.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
    Currently travelling home from my first visit down under, spent just over a week in Tassie and I'm very envious! Definitely more my style of temperature there... Wasn't particularly fond of the 40 degree days we've had in NSW VIC and SA over the last month... Not to mention diverting around various disasters... Amazing country you're living in there sir.
    Andy,
    We first came here on holiday in 2002 and moved permanently from the UK in 2004, settling in WA as it was cheaper in those days and less humid. Exmouth is great if you're into fishing, diving and all things in the ocean (to check out our local spearfishing heroes search for 'YBS Youngbloods' on YouTube) and there's always been a great attraction in the tropics for us poms raised in the grey gloom of Mother England! We've been up here for nearly 12 years now.

The excitement can wear off if you're not a dedicated water-baby and I'm looking forward to living somewhere where I can dress like a grown-up (long trousers!) and it doesn't require 2 days and $600 spent on traveling to reach a place I can buy quality timber, tools or even a pair of shoes! My wife does some very good knitting, but we don't get to wear anything she makes when we're at home, other than the very comfortable socks for my work boots

Australia is a great country and we're very happy we came here.

Kit

Steve,
    I suspect your step son will be glad to be heading south again. We've had daily highs up to 48 here and the overnight low has been up to 30 over the holiday. I hope he stayed in a nice air-conditioned hotel and not a tent! I'm retiring to Tasmania in a few years and very much looking forward to it!

Kit
    Yes, 48°C is a bit on the high side......lol
    Can't say I would enjoy that.

Not been to Tassie yet....on my list though.

steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information