. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I ordered an inverter last month, and never really paid much attention to the delivery method.

So anybody got any experience with how long JNet delivery takes?

It's listed as 15-40days, and we're now up to 25 days.
    I'm not that worried as I'm not in any great rush, and I can always claim if it doesn't turn up, but just curious as to anybody else's experience.
    Avoiding the rubbish customer service from AluminiumWarehouse since July '13.

I order lots of small bits on AliExpress and delivery times vary - 20 to 30 days being typical. The stuff that disappears most often is the small desirable stuff like novelty items for kids. Engineering stuff like cutters don't seem to get knicked in transit.

The thing that bugs me is the way UPS slap on 'processing charges' of at least another £8 for paying the import charges and VAT for you before they will deliver to you. I bought a 3D printer twin extruder assembly from Wanhao in China and it cost £75, but by the time UPS delivered it it was £140.

I had a Jnet delivery with same delivery time quoted and it took 33days.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Thanks for that.

Jazz, do you remember who done the final delivery in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Thanks for that.

Jazz, do you remember who done the final delivery in the UK?
    Sorry I don't. It came to my business address and the guy who works with me took delivery. I'll ask him if he remembers but we get 20-30 deliveries per week so don't think he will.
    I'll also see if can find the paperwork. That said we are very close to a hub and a lot of our stuff comes via a local courier(white van man) who delivers for several cheaper delivery companies, most of the stuff I buy from china come via him.

Just had a couple of items from AliExpress ordered on the 7th Jan - So 9 days. But I must admit, this is better than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by cropwell View Post
    Just had a couple of items from AliExpress ordered on the 7th Jan - So 9 days. But I must admit, this is better than expected.
    I've had stuff arrive in 5 days so it doesn't surprise me, but I've also had stuff take 30+ days. So like forests mam says it's like a box chocolates.!!

I received a Royal Mail customs fee card today, which I'm assuming is for this delivery, as I don't remember ordering anything else from China recently, however the Royal Mail customs fee payment page is "temporarily unavailable", and I'm working during the delivery office opening times this week :-/

Well, at least it is in the UK. You should be able to pay the fees by card over the phone and then they will deliver.

Just for closure, I managed to pay the fee last weekend, and the inverter got delivered on Monday.

I've just temporarily wired it in to test, and it spins the motor when buttons are pressed, so it at least does the basics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information