Hi everyone, I have a Boxford 125TCL which I’ve had probably 10y ears or more, and because of the pandemic and being at home though i would see if I could get it going.
So the first thing I did was to remove the old steppers and driver boards and fitted a pair of replacement nema23 motors and modern drive boards inc a power supply, I have all this working on mach3 this is the first ever project I have tackled and it’s great to see the machine working from both the keyboard and a program.
My main problem is the Gemini spindle drive board, I’ve used a 2 relay Arduino relay to switch the motor from forward to reverse this works well my problem is I’ve used the 0-10v output from my Mach3 breakout board to pin 2 and bridged out pins 3 to 9 on the orange 12 pin header on the Gemini.
The motor started at full speed ran for maybe 5 or 6 seconds then there was a thumping noise from the motor so I pressed the e stop,
Checked my wiring the output from my breakout board was 9.6v Which I couldn’t lower, so I started it again and now when I click on motor rotation after a few seconds I get the trip led light in the Gemini board.
My question is as I’m a novice at this, I have disconnected the motor and the controller and still the led comes on, is there a test I can perform or would it be better to replace it with a modern board if so which one?
Any help please
Len.