. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I miss the part where the controller is removed - though recognise that OP replaced the original software ("program"). But, these type of questions that the OP have raised are best answered from a single non-conflicting source, and no-one here doubts that you're best placed to support that. I'll back out of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddy View Post
    I miss the part where the controller is removed - though recognise that OP replaced the original software ("program"). But, these type of questions that the OP have raised are best answered from a single non-conflicting source, and no-one here doubts that you're best placed to support that. I'll back out of this thread.
    Put your teddy back in the pram I wasn't having a go at you...Lol, The more experienced heads the better.
    My comment was to point out that what he's showing isn't the same and saves going down wrong paths.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	control.png 
Views:	178 
Size:	655.1 KB 
ID:	27099

Sorry for your frustration. Keep in mind that I am not a techie. I'm just an old machinist who is retired, and wants to learn something new to keep myself busy. I took off the black box lid and this is what I got. Hope it helps.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	27101Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	27104Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	27102Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	27105Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	27105Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	27106Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	27106Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	27107Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	27108Click image for larger version. 

Name:	14.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	104.9 KB 
ID:	27109Click image for larger version. 

Name:	first 6.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	27110Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	27111
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	129.7 KB 
ID:	27103  

Lives in Southampton, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Weeks Ago Has been a member for 6-7 years. Has a total post count of 469. Received thanks 100 times, giving thanks to others 43 times. Referred 1 members to the community.
    2-pin spindle connection on the back goes to a JST on the PCB located low down, between the fan and the toroidal. That PCB also has the parallel port and USB port on it, so I'd suggest its just a case of identifying that PCB and finding a manual to determine the pins.

GeneO, can you see any markings on the board in the middle of your first photo? The one that sits right behind the fan. I'm looking for a model name, number, manufacturer. Something like that. There seems to be some writing above the handwritten label on it, but its hard to make out from the photos.

Looks to me like a low power DC spindle, so the exact RPM is going to be a bit subjective.

On the pcb behind the fan there is a number it is JP-382C . Also there is a hand written number that is 040048 (see pic)
    the wires that go to the spindle plug has a -DC SP+ (see pic) Can you tell me what voltage the spindle motor is? It has no labels on anything. Hope this helps. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	latest 2.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	27115Click image for larger version. 

Name:	latest.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	27116

The JP382C is the CNC control board. The two boards stacked together are the 4th axis and Spindle board. Top one JP1635A is 4th axis the lower JP1482 is the Spindle/Power board.
    This board rectifies the AC power from the transformer for the drives, The fans, and the Spindle. As well as doing the PWM for the spindle and from what I can tell the Spindle is 54Vdc. The Drives are 27Vdc, which fits with the TB based drive Chips. Here is a link to schematic for the Spindle board.
    https://hackaday.io/project/6776-304...ller-schematic

Unfortunately, I haven't yet tracked down the pins you need but I will bear with us.

I can now jog the 3 axis, but the spindle shows no sign of turning. I know it's good because the rudimentary program that came with this machine worked, and the spindle turned. It not running started when I bought mach3. Also, I'm an American and use inches for measure. The only thing I see about changing it to in. is in the config and tells me not to change it. Do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneO View Post
    Also, I'm an American and use inches for measure. The only thing I see about changing it to in. is in the config and tells me not to change it. Do you know?
    The warning isn't saying don't change it, in fact, it's the only way you can change it. What it's saying is that if you do change then you need to change the Steps Per setting and Motor tuning to match.
    So if set for Metric then the Steps per setting in Motor tuning will need to be multiplied by 25.4 so it moves the correct distance. You may also need to play around with the velocity and acceleration settings if doesn't run quite the same.

Thanks for the tip. I'll get it running sooner or later.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information