. .
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I got my machine, and had to order mach3 to run it. I've got it in and I can get the cutter to move X, Y, AND Z. My next problem is that I can't seem to figure out the settings for the spindle. I found a You Tube on the settings, but said nothing about the spindle. Can anyone help I'm a cnc virgin. I'll be on here a lot.
    Last edited by GeneO; 18-01-2020 at 07:32 PM.

Hello, Sure we can help but first, we need to know more about what you have, so give any info you have on the machine.

Do you want Mach3 to control the speed or just have Start/stop the spindle.? For mach3 to control the speed then your system must provide a control voltage which then gets passed to the VFD or speed controller board the spindle connects to.

If you just want to start/stop then it's much simpler and mach3 just controls a Relay using it's Outputs. Which you then wire your spindle power thru.

So first we need to determine if the BOB or Controller provides speed control.?

Photos. Lots of photos.

Trace where the spindle plugs into - either a PCB or a large box - photo. Trace where the motors for the XYZ drives plug into (not just the enclosure, but inside the enclosure where they run to a PCB) - photo. Trace where the computer plugs into the control box - photo.

I don't mind manually turning on the spindle, but I would like to know the rpm. When I received the machine it came with a generic controler program. I put it in while waiting for mach3. The spindle worked, but the only control was in the box.

I haven't used this or any forum before. Is there a way to see if you have a response at a glance?

Quote Originally Posted by GeneO View Post
    I don't mind manually turning on the spindle, but I would like to know the rpm. When I received the machine it came with a generic controler program. I put it in while waiting for mach3. The spindle worked, but the only control was in the box.
    Again difficult to help without more info or pics.
    However, Mach won't tell you the real RPM of the Spindle, it will only tell you the RPM which was programmed in the G-code and if you have a controller capable of providing speed reference voltage for whatever controls the spindle speed ie: VFD it will set the voltage according to the G-code or RPM you enter.

But it won't tell you the real RPM the spindle is spinning at unless you attach a Single index encoder to the spindle and feed it back to mach3. Not something commonly is done or found on routers.

Give us the info and we'll get you going.

I haven't used this or any forum before. Is there a way to see if you have a response at a glance?
    Think you can go to settings and select so sends you a message when a post happens.

So can you tell me the settings under plugs and pins to get the spindle to spin. Better yet take a screen shot of the page.

Thanks I'll try.

So can you tell me the settings under plugs and pins to get the spindle to spin. Better yet take a screen shot of the page.
    That needs the knowledge of which, if any, pins on the BoB are bound to the spindle functions.

Photos.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information