. .
    I'm hoping to cut out decorative shapes from various wood veneers to use on jewellery boxes, I'm wondering the best way to go about this - I figured if I used some sort of adhesive - maybe double sided sticky tape and stuck it to corrugated cardboard as a backing - I could cut and then just peel off the result - is this the right idea ?

I'm sure a lot of folks have tried something like this, what's the best way ?

I have used double sided tape to hold perspex and it does work BUT make sure you get the removeable stuff otherwise you will have trouble getting the stuff off the workpiece, you will probably have the same problem with spray adhesive. I would suggest something more rigid than corrugated cardboard as a backing like a piece of plywood (the double sided tape doesn't stick too well on MDF in my experience). If it helps this is what I have been using https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25mm-50mm...SFhw74yqXqKGfg

Quote Originally Posted by ngwagwa View Post
    I have used double sided tape to hold perspex and it does work BUT make sure you get the removeable stuff otherwise you will have trouble getting the stuff off the workpiece, you will probably have the same problem with spray adhesive. I would suggest something more rigid than corrugated cardboard as a backing like a piece of plywood (the double sided tape doesn't stick too well on MDF in my experience). If it helps this is what I have been using https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/25mm-50mm...SFhw74yqXqKGfg
    Just the sort of thing I needed to know :-) I'd thought about corrugated cardboard, because if I couldn't unstick it, I could at least peel off the corrugated bit and leave it stuck to the paper. Really appreciate the tips - my CNC arrives on Thursday, so I'm making plans :-)

Thread Information