. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi
    I have a Gerber Dimension that has been running in its original format. I bought this machine to learn on and use for low volume work. However, the operating system is incredibly slow and now is on the blink.

Rather than throw money at the archaic omega system, I would like to update it to take mach3. I’m aware that steppers and ‘stuff’ will need to be replaced but I’m really not the person to do this, hence my cry for help

Does anyone know of any techies based in the Surrey area that might be able to assist?

TIA.
    Tony

Tony did you find a techie as I am looking for one let me know if you find one

Joss

Hi Joss

No, not one response

I think I am going to look in to a career change

It's DIY or a lot of money, I think it's also a job for which you would need to deliver your machine to the workshop of the "technician" doing the job, it's not something I'd consider away from my own workshop.
    Converting for money is only really worth the time for yourself or if you buy or build the machine to be converted and sell it finished, I learned enough to do this from zero CNC experience when almost 50, it's not rocket surgery, it just takes commitment and motivation ;-)
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

No not a model engineer this is a 3 phase stone engraving machine that in daily use this is not a hobby it my profession that why I need a tech at the workshop

You have mistaken my signature for part of my post, my signature refers to the long pockets and short arms usually associated with model engineers in the UK! :D

Unless you stick your fingers into live components 3 phase is no scarier to deal with than single phase, (even with single phase it's still unwise to stick your fingers into live components) provided you work to the correct standards, which are freely available.
    3 phase isn't magic or complicated but for anyone not wanting to learn my point is that for the competence you require you should expect to pay close to the price of a working machine or more, to get your machine working if someone is to come to you.

Quote Originally Posted by joss01 View Post
    No not a model engineer this is a 3 phase stone engraving machine that in daily use this is not a hobby it my profession that why I need a tech at the workshop
    This is not your thread, have you adopted it? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by magicniner View Post
    You have mistaken my signature for part of my post, my signature refers to the long pockets and short arms usually associated with model engineers in the UK! :D

Unless you stick your fingers into live components 3 phase is no scarier to deal with than single phase, (even with single phase it's still unwise to stick your fingers into live components) provided you work to the correct standards, which are freely available.
    3 phase isn't magic or complicated but for anyone not wanting to learn my point is that for the competence you require you should expect to pay close to the price of a working machine or more, to get your machine working if someone is to come to you.
    Thank you for your poetic response are you capable of carrying out the work I require? yes or no will suffice

Quote Originally Posted by joss01 View Post
    Thank you for your poetic response are you capable of carrying out the work I require? yes or no will suffice
    Rude.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information