. .

Thread: New Member

Hi Recently using small CNC machines but found that they wernt suitable for the kind of stuff I wanted to do so splashed out on a Educam 20 from a college but hey ho cant get computer to connect to machine. I keep getting an error message " Com Port not available" or only com port (1,2,3,4,5,etc) available. any one out there with any knowledge of this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Brian

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 14 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 77 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Widowmaker View Post
    Hi Recently using small CNC machines but found that they wernt suitable for the kind of stuff I wanted to do so splashed out on a Educam 20 from a college but hey ho cant get computer to connect to machine. I keep getting an error message " Com Port not available" or only com port (1,2,3,4,5,etc) available. any one out there with any knowledge of this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Brian
    Hope you did not pay too much for it. There is a thread here:- http://www.mycncuk.com/threads/11184...ducam-20/page2
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Thanks Clive, I probably did it came with Galaad 3 and a dongle but i just cant get the laptop to pick it up on com/Lpt Ports. I keep getting an error message saying no com port available or only com port 16 available. Thank you for prompt response.

Regards Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Widowmaker View Post
    Thanks Clive, I probably did it came with Galaad 3 and a dongle but i just cant get the laptop to pick it up on com/Lpt Ports. I keep getting an error message saying no com port available or only com port 16 available. Thank you for prompt response.

Regards Brian
    What windows version are you using? I remember something about Windows 10 not being able to use built-in com-ports?

Hi thanks i'm using windows seven and windows 10 on two different computers. it seems to get further on windows 7

Regards Brian
    Last edited by Widowmaker; 23-01-2020 at 02:07 PM.

Thread Information