. .
    Hello All

What would be the preferred material for a control box steel or plastic. I assume the screening would be better on a steel enclosure although working plastic would be easier and I had thought of lining a plastic box with some thickish self adhesive aluminium foil that I have for screening. Any opinions on the subject ?
    cheers
    Andrew

Plastic or Metal makes no difference really. What is important is the grounding is correct. Use a Star ground system so all shields and grounds go back to one point and you won't have any issues. Also, it's good wiring practise to route any signal wires as far away from high voltage wires as possible. Obviously it's not always possible to do this so some signal and high voltage wires will run side by side, in this case, don't tie wrap them together.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Plastic or Metal makes no difference really. What is important is the grounding is correct. Use a Star ground system so all shields and grounds go back to one point and you won't have any issues. Also, it's good wiring practise to route any signal wires as far away from high voltage wires as possible. Obviously it's not always possible to do this so some signal and high voltage wires will run side by side, in this case, don't tie wrap them together.
    Thanks Jazz.
    That should make my life a bit easier.
    Cheers.
    Andrew

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk

Thread Information