. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi all, well the big day has come - my 3020T CNC turned up and I've just got round to the unpack. Very excited to get started, but a few niggles have just dented my confidence a bit - hope you guys can help ...

First the instructions are in German, no problem I speak a bit of German, but when I try to read it - it's obviously one of those " auto translated from Chinese into German instructions that don't make sense even if you're fluent.

After a bit of Scrabbling I think I've found the English notes, or at least the "translated into English" notes - but only for the software !

this brings me to point 2 - the Hardware comes with the steppers detached and obviously need installing - looks straightforward, but then things always do ! - Has anyone tried this assembly ? - Google doesn't seem to help me find assembly instructions, are all the steppers X,Y,Z Axes the same ? - which way round does the plastic mounting go (looks like it'll do either)?? etc.

Final point - the sw instructions mention a USB to parallel port connections - but the kit comes with an arduino style USB cable - the controller has a socket for this - I'm assuming this is an alternative to the parallel port socket - is this right ??

I can probably muddle my way through - or I could just end up mangling my new toy, so I thought I'd do the non-bloke thing and ask for some help and instructions - any pointers ?
    Last edited by Britannicus1; 24-01-2020 at 10:20 AM.

I just found this - for those in a similar situation on assembly instructions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5aqKVdtpI8

Seems helpful - it's what I expected it to be but nice to have some reassurance

Lives in Marple Stockport, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 16 Hours Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 3,333. Received thanks 618 times, giving thanks to others 78 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Is a beta tester for Machinists Network features.
    are all the steppers X,Y,Z Axes the same ? - which way round does the plastic mounting go (looks like it'll do either)?? etc.
    The crystal ball is hazy . A few pics might help to clear the fog.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Quote Originally Posted by Britannicus1 View Post
    Hi all, well the big day has come - my 3020T
    3020 isn't a specific model from a specific manufacturer, it's a size/format definition like A4 for paper or AA for batteries, everybody and their dog knocks them out to a wide range of specifications and qualities.
    You think that's too expensive? You're not a Model Engineer are you? :D

Thread Information