. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    Thank you gentlemen...You have made sense and I will stick with 2D drawings.
    I have found it far easier to make reasonable progress and I can do without struggling with learning 3D at this time.
    I'm 54 soon, so new tricks take longer to learn....lol
    The youngsters of today eh?I will admit to delving into 3D with Rhino in my late forties and it was brilliant in that it wasn't a huge step from 2D Autocad type stuff, just stretched out for the third dimension.It wasn't a huge amount of help to me when it came to learning Freecad in my sixties.On the other hand the free aspect and having the ability to generate toolpaths within Freecad swung it for me.I briefly considered Fusion and couldn't help referencing what Photobucket had just done and I wasn't convinced that Autodesk wouldn't pull the same stunt.I'm happy with my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by routerdriver View Post
    I briefly considered Fusion and couldn't help referencing what Photobucket had just done and I wasn't convinced that Autodesk wouldn't pull the same stunt.I'm happy with my choice.
    I don't know if Autodesk have made any long term commitment to continue with their 'free' license. It would be foolish of them to pull the rug out from under so many users who are so heavily invested (in terms of time rather than money) as many will go on to use Fusion in a professional capacity and therefore pay up for a license. The others may continue to create content such as YouTube tutorials or share their work on sites like GrabCAD which is all good for the product in the long run too.

I don't know what colleges and universities are using these days, Solidworks seems to be the industry standard (just an outsider's observation, I'm no longer in the industry) just like AutoCAD was back when I was at college. But, if the next generation of designers, draftsmen and engineers were to leave education with a Fusion mindset rather than Solidworks it may start to loosen Solidworks' grip on the industry.

I wouldn't object to paying a sensible price for Fusion but there's no way, as a hobbyist, I could pay what they are asking for a full license. Let's hope it doesn't come to that!

Lives in Australind, Australia. Last Activity: 21 Hours Ago Has been a member for 4-5 years. Has a total post count of 72. Received thanks 4 times, giving thanks to others 5 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    they taught me how to do isometric drawings.... On paper!! With a Pencil!!!!!
    Yep.....me too...lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information