. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    With some cutting imminent (once I get the AXBB sorted!) I'm thinking I ought to get going on a cutter cooling/chip blowing setup. I have various air supply options available with varying degrees of noisyness, just wondering how much airflow is needed please? I'm thinkinh of making something a bit like Boyan's setup: thanks.

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Week Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    I think it will depend a lot on your setup. I find pushing around 3 PSI seems to work well enough for me, squirting air / ethanol mix.

Any idea how much volume you're using please (cfm or m3/hr)?? Adjusting the pressure is pretty easy, but if the compressor won't do the volume you're stuffed!

Lives in Ickenham, West London, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 1 Week Ago Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 1,600. Received thanks 110 times, giving thanks to others 69 times.
    Nope. I moved to a screw compressor and a 200L tank setup so that I could compress and not be concerned about it.

OK, no worries, thanks for the info on the pressure - a lot less than I was guessing!

Ill double check but effectively my 'guess' is as much pressure as is need to help the lubricant but mostly to clear chips. Anymore feels like a waste.

I have done the same type of setup as boyan with the filter housing etc. Im running it at 15psi with thin cutting oil and that works well. I have an 8cfm compressor with 100 litre tank that keeps up fine. The thinner the cooling medium the less pressure you will need to move it.

Quote Originally Posted by johngoodrich View Post
    I have done the same type of setup as boyan with the filter housing etc. Im running it at 15psi with thin cutting oil and that works well. I have an 8cfm compressor with 100 litre tank that keeps up fine. The thinner the cooling medium the less pressure you will need to move it.
    Thanks for that John, v.useful. 8cfm is not a lot, I won't need to use the big (and noisy) machine for that

Complete control
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mister cool-1.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	231.4 KB 
ID:	27164   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mister cool-2.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	306.3 KB 
ID:	27165  

Quote Originally Posted by johnsattuk View Post
    Complete control
    Yes, I had forgot about that.
    ..Clive
    The more you know, The better you know, How little you know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information