. .
    Hey there,

As the title suggests, I'm a newbie to everything CNC.

I'm happy around technical stuff as I used to work in IT networking (Cisco) and have since transitioned into electrics. I got bored of IT and decided I wanted to try something new, money obviously not as good but there's more to life that cold hard cash.

I'm planning on building my own machine and am currently teaching myself Fusion 360, which I'm enjoying playing with immensely. The machine will essentially be a boys toy, but that doesn't mean I want to scrimp on quality of design or practicality. I'm not too concerned about cost but have to stay under the wife's radar otherwise I'll get it in the neck.

Anyway, I look forward to interacting with my fellow forum members and hopefully learning lots of interesting new stuff.

Cheers

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by joe.ninety View Post
    I'm not too concerned about cost but have to stay under the wife's radar otherwise I'll get it in the neck.
    Sell the wife it's easier long term.! . . .If she's Fit you'll be able to afford servos instead of steppers.. .

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

You like to live dangerously Dean!

Chris,
    In spite of the above indiscretion, my best advice would be to make a nice big mug of tea and read every post by JAZZCNC.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kitwn For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    You like to live dangerously Dean!
    Danger is my middle name Kit.! . .But it was clearly a joke and if anyone finds that offensive then they need to drop CNC and get a sense of humour transplant.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JAZZCNC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    Sell the wife it's easier long term.! . . .If she's Fit you'll be able to afford servos instead of steppers.. .
    Silly, stupid, insular viewpoint with no thought to forward planning.

Rent her out... and you have a perpetual funding stream for continuous upgrades. And mugs of tea delivered to the shed.

...I'll get my coat.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doddy For This Useful Post:

Thread Information