. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitwn View Post
    Quite right, but one thing to consider is the common layout for drawing packages on computers is with X horizontal and Y vertical on the screen. This makes the visible drawing area 'landscape' rather than 'portrait' and it makes sense to match this to your machine for those times when you are drawing layouts that are the full size of the machine bed.
    Or you can always buy a portrait monitor if the visualization gets too hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Voicecoil View Post
    Or you can always buy a portrait monitor if the visualization gets too hard!
    You can do that for sure!
    What I actually did a few months back was buy a monster 32 inch 2560 x 1440 monitor which provides so much drawing area it's amazing. Soooo much less scrolling about and zooming in and out than I had on the weeny little 21 inch 1920 x 1080 monitor before. The difference is more than I expected and was well worth the not-as-much-money-as-I-thought-it-would-be.
    An optimist says the glass is half full, a pessimist says the glass is half empty, an engineer says you're using the wrong sized glass.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZCNC View Post
    The machine in the picture uses a single screw and as a cutting area of about 600 x 1000 if I recall correctly. However, I've built lots of machines with this design up to 700 x 1250 cutting area using single screws. If you wanted stronger machine at the same width/length say for cutting mostly aluminum or Hardwoods with heavy cuts then go with twin motors every time.

Attachment 27146
    Nifty little machine that, I do like the integral control panel - might make something similar for mine if I have the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information